? 4/23AMPS303+3220+5.25185+10179 Prozinc

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by DebG, Apr 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DebG

DebG Well-Known Member

New to the blues not sure what to dose if Fritz is stays below 200 @6:00 pm tonight PST?
    Could someone please look at his spread sheet? I,m not sure what to do. I have studied the Protocol for Prozinc and am still unsure what to shoot. I 'd rather ask for help than make a mistake at the expense of Fritters.
    I know Iv'e read and been asked not to shoot @200 but didn't ask what to do....
    Thanks!

2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

A lot can happen in a few hours....if he's heading up at PMPS, it's different than if he was still coming down

3. DebG

DebG Well-Known Member

Yes I was surprised to see him go from 179 @ 10 to pmps 322.
    I'm still so new at this fd Just wanted to make sure I'd fo the right thing.
    :)

4. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Carol & Murphy (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh Deb - I feel for you - I always dreaded these situations
    hopefully @Rachel or @Robin&BB,or @Sue and Oliver (GA) will come online - I guess one thing is for sure - he will be lower than usual (probably) - I don't give dosing advice but in this situation I may delay the pm shot by bit (and so the pmps would be higher) and /or lower the dose a bit

Critter Mom likes this.
  5. DebG

DebG Well-Known Member

Thanks Carol
    Lucky for me he went up to 322.
    I did read that if at 200 wait 20 minutes and retest if going up shoot a smaller amount.
    So I feel more comfortable knowing that.

6. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Carol & Murphy (GA) Well-Known Member

7. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Sorry! I was at a friends house this evening. Sounds like things worked out though. Yes, you're spot on for what to do if he's below 200 at shot time!

8. DebG

DebG Well-Known Member

Thanks Rachel!
    Hope you had a nice time with friends:)
    I'm looking forward to eventually some me time, I know its around the corner. :cat:

9. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

I think it was a bounce, Deb. He dropped into the blues and he hasn't been there in a long time. His body panicked and released some extra sugars and he bounced up for the preshot. The more he gets used to those lower numbers, the less he will bounce.

Don't forget to celebrate the blues!

10. DebG

DebG Well-Known Member

Sue- thanks! Patiently waiting for the lower numbers!;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.