4/28 Osha AMPS 108 +6 93 +8 85/ Small Kitty AMPS 124 +6 166 +8 164

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Osha, Apr 28, 2019.

1. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

4/14

Good Afternoon!
    It has been a few weeks now that Small Kitty has been living here. I never in my wildest dreams imagined that I would be taking care of two diabetic cats. The introductions have been slow. He feels the most comfortable in my room with Halloween. When he is in the living room he tends to hide. We spend a couple hours each day together in the living room to try to get him more comfortable. I know he has to be missing Sébastien. He has carried on one of his horrible habits from his previous home....he meows at night. It is driving me completely insane. I am not getting any sleep. I have feliway diffusers, he is getting cbd treats and I play with him before bed until he won't chase the toy anymore. He did this while living with Sébastien as well. I just don't know what to do. Thankfully I am now starting to get some better numbers from him. He was all over the place when he arrived and his dose was all over the place too. I hope now, with consistency, he will continue with some better numbers.

Osha is good. She will hang out with SK. She is the easiest going cat ever. Today, 3 years ago, I brought Osha home from the emergency vet. I can't believe it has been three years. She almost didn't make it. She was there for four days and had DKA and Triaditis. It was very touch and go. The feeding tube was a life saver when she came home. I am so thankful that she is healthy and we have had these 3 years together.

I have attached a pic of the day Osha came home and the meds she was taking. I've also attached a pic of SK

Have a good day!
    Amanda and Kitty Osha, The Empress and Small Kitty

Attached Files:

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  2. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

3. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

Glad to hear things are going ok for the most part. :rolleyes: I think toleration amongst all of them is progress to say the least!

Might try CBD drops before bed to see if it will calm SK for the night. Does he just wonder around meowing or is he yowling?

You sure have your hands full. Hope you and daughter are doing good and progress is being made with Sebastian's move.
    :bighug::bighug:

Osha likes this.
  4. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

Hi Lizzie!!! Yes, I am happy everyone is tolerating each other. :cat: He will do both...meowing and yowling. Big brother does it too. I just don't understand.

My daughter and I are doing well and the visa process for Sébastien is moving along. He has his interview appointment for the first week in June. :) I hope everything is going well with you!!

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  5. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

6. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad the kitties are tolerating each other. I hope you can find a way to keep SK from meowing at night. I'm glad he is getting into better numbers and Osha is doing well. I hope Sebastien's interview goes well.

Photorecon likes this.
  7. Photorecon

Photorecon Well-Known Member

Hi dear,

No words can express how sorry I am about the howling at night. Hopefully the
    shipment of prosac he was prescribed for peeing in appropriate places will make the job.
    USPS says no meds, we know.. but got to exploit all possible resources available. Plus, the
    shipment was honest, the border declaration card mentionned : ''Diabetic supplies'' for Small Kitty.
    The pillbox has it's name on it and there was syringes in the package.

I want to say thanks to you for the good job you're doing in taking care of my baby, I'm
    really missing his softness and purring when I was holding him. This guy is real affectionnados.
    Sure you are doing an amazing job in managing his health, no other better person could have
    done what you're doing for him. Big Brother is really missing his partner. He doesn't howl as
    much now but the first nights were quite expressive of sadness.

Hopefully we'll be together soon so I can take over the sugar management.

Really love you both XoX

Sébastien

Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
  8. Photorecon

I went on youtube yesterday and found videos of people saying what kind of question
    they were asked... I'll need a solid briefing with Amanda to remember all what can
    be possibly asked... Lots of fun ahead...

9. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

I feel the same way. SK is a super sweet boy! We will all be together soon. :cat::kiss:

10. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Hi Amanda and Sebastien! Good to see you both. What great numbers from Osha and SK! So sorry about the meowing and yowling at night. Glad that Lizzie posted the link of conditions that could cause the night noise. It came to mind to me too about thyroid. Hope it stops soon so you can get some sleep. Maybe some ear plugs like machine operators use?

Good luck with the job interview Sebastien! I am sure you will ace it!

Osha, LizzieInTexas and Photorecon like this.
  11. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

Hi Osha and Sebastien.
    So great to hear from you both.
    Glad the kitties are slowly getting along.

I seem to have a recollection of someone using a nightlight and it helped with the night yowling???

George has gotten very vocal of late, yowls day and night when he can't find us. I was interested to see @LizzieInTexas that deafness can be a reason, as BFG is now stone deaf (after his dental surgery), perhaps that explains his new behavior.

Osha, Bobbie And Bubba and Photorecon like this.
  12. Photorecon

The poor little boy is probablty missing his brother and myself. 5-6 times a day I wouls hold him in my harms and pet him. That multiplicated by many day/years built a solid relationship between a kitty and its owner. When I wad not holding him Bib Brother would lick and play with him. These two guys have gone out and hunt in the open for I dont know how many years. And now he's back to someone who very loves him but the rest is totally alien. Time will make and the help of some meds if the us postal service decide they can let this package go. Lets hope it's not gonna take 14 days for an airmail package.

Keep on buddy, daddy still love you a lot
    XoX

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  13. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Amanda, if you have something of Sebastien's....a piece of clothing maybe....perhaps put it where Small Kitty can access it....it will comfort SK.

Gill & George and Osha like this.