4/3 Esse AMPS=355+4=197+5=175+8.5=125+11=214 PMPS=265 +3=131

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Michele and Esse, Apr 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michele and Esse

Michele and Esse Well-Known Member

Daily Digest
    AMPS=355 Wellness Beef/Salmon out, shot 2.5U
    +4=197
    +5=175 mini meal FF
    +8.5=125. mini meal FF.
    +11=214.
    PMPS=265. Evo out for dinner, will put out Special Diet for overnight.
    +3=131
    Yesterday's condo: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10877#unread

Morning...

Still sitting there in the mid3's...all P's in order, she's feeling all right all the way 'round. Bless her heart...I just re-enrolled her in LTS...told her her seat is in the front of the class. So she better pay attention.

Sienne, you're right, of course, about the instructors. But it really doesn't have to be that way...it honestly doesn't. Makes me want to teach, just to show them that it can be done a different way, with the same results. Sigh.

Best-
    Michele

2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Re: 4/3 Esse AMPS=355

Yeah, I know. There are challenges on the teaching side, though, as well. I can tell you stories that would make you incredibly pissed at the sense of entitlement -- you know, the "I should pass because I'm smart - even though I haven't shown up and I'm doing lousy work" attitude. Not everyone has your work and learning ethic.

Now, if Esse would please have a discussion with her liver. Maybe she doesn't want Eeyore hanging out all by himself.

3. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

Hoping Esse comes down out of the pink for you :YMHUG:

4. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Stop with the PINKS you guys...sigh ohmygod_smile Shadow is stuck up there too.
    Come on down Esse girl!

5. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Now isn't that the truth - the work and learning ethic. Unfortunately it just isn't limited to the classroom. I deal with it everyday - lack of work ethic. Makes me want to strangle a few folks. anyways....

I think Esse must want to keep Eeyore company. Mannie is there as well....

6. Michele and Esse

Well, apparently Esse and Eeyore have traded places today. He's stuck in the low threes, while she's made it to blue! So...one of them didn't get the memo, it would seems. LOLOL.

Sienne, I'm talking about instructors who, when your grades begin to fall (from 4.0m to 3.0), they pull you aside and ask you if you have a learning disability. Erm...no. Or the instructor to whom you go to while on the hospital floor for clarification about something, and they say "you scare me. Why don't you know that?" instead of teaching you what you don't know or can't for the life of you remember. I'm talking about the instructor who writes exam questions on topics that are not in the syllabus, have not been in the assigned reading, and haven't been lectured on. I'm talking about the instructors who put people on academic probation for plagiarism when a student makes an error on the bibliography page in APA format...but have attributed the source in the body of the paper, correctly. I'm talking about instructors who tell you there is no such word as "posit", and take points away for writing well. I'm talking about instructors who refuse to re-key an exam, even when the answer is clearly incorrect, and you show them in the reading what should've been the right answer (which was a choice), and they say "too bad. I don't change answers."

That's what I'm talking about. There are students who have senses of entitlement. There are students who should never be nurses. But those above are all examples of what's happened to me (except the plagiarism)...I am not a slacker. I know teaching is hard...but so is learning; especially from these folks. It's a culture in my school; there are things which one semester instructors do, that I see repeated over and over (the learning disability one...happens to a dozen or so students each 2nd semester; the APA paper thing in 4th. And so on). And sometimes, the instructor is correct...but mostly, it's the culture of the instructors. They want us to pass the state boards (and so do we), but they try to weed us out instead of teaching us. That isn't, to me, the way to go about it. And like I said, I'm considering teaching so that I can be the difference I want to see...but first, I have to pass.

Anyway, back to my sugarbabies...they seem to have traded places today. Which is all right...at least Esse is BLUE!

Best-
    Michele

7. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Re: 4/3 Esse AMPS=355 +4=197 +5=175

blootiful bloo...
    go esse! :mrgreen:

8. Michele and Esse

Re: 4/3 Esse AMPS=355 +4=197 +5=175

All it takes is a visit from Jill? Shoot...

She's at 125 now, showing no signs of stopping. I'm hoping for a green PMPS...(just not too green...)

YAYAY Esse!

Best-
    Michele

9. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Re: 4/3 Esse AMPS=355 +4=197 +5=175 +8.5=125

lololol!!! goooooooooo esse! :lol:

10. Michele and Esse

Re: 4/3 Esse AMPS=355 +4=197 +5=175 +8.5=125 +11=214 PMPS=265

Esse has come up a bit since her low of 125, but at least she saw blue today. Thank goodness!! Hopefully, she will come back down and stay down like she has in the past...

I am trying mini meals this weekend; they seem to be doing well for Eeyore, but...not so good with Esse. OTOH, she's been sleeping most of the day, and not terribly interested in eating (she does that occasionally; nothing wrong, just too happy being asleep to get up for noms...).

I'm happy to have a preshot in the yellows again, no matter what.

Best-
    Michele

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.