4/3 Latte AMPS-331, PMPS~ 87, +1~139, +3-224, +5-210

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by carolynandlatte, Apr 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carolynandlatte

carolynandlatte Well-Known Member

Yesterday:
    viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10885

Last Night:
    PMPS-292 (pred cycle)
    +4.75- 390 (tested cause she was eating like crazy.where did she drop from? Dont wanna know)
    +5.75- 321 (ouchy drop! Still eating well)
    AMPS- 331
    +1-242
    +2- 187
    *Guess I should have dumped the entire bottle of karo in before her +1 :YMSIGH: *

Woke up to the rare experience of a cold kitty cuddled next to me for about 30 min before alarm. :mrgreen: SOOOOOOOOO hard to get up.

She decided she did not need to eat anymore after +1. So, only about 1/2 of 3oz can for bfast today. Hope she decides to eat more later.

Busy weekend of going through stuff my parents dropped off and reorganizing apt to fit everything! :lol: Latte should enjoy watching this, and exploring potential new corners or territory through out the next two days! Gotta give her something to get excited about.

I was wondering if I could get some feedback on the schedule I made for the messed up week I have coming up soon. Here is what I put together. Please let me know if the time changes are too abrupt, unsafe, etc.

Some notes- friend will shoot pm times and probably get ps #, syringes will be pre filled and sit in fridge between 1-4hrs (we did this last fall). Steroid is a different problem (its enough to make my head spin :lol: ). May try to give in afternoon as late as possible. this could bring pmps HIGH and drop when I get home (new experiment????). OR I could consistently give it much later than usual, which might make her lower after her pm shot for a while, and higher during the day. Need to think about this more, get feedback from other pred users, and talk to her vet about importance of consistancy.

Tuesday (regular shot times, friend coming in to shoot pm)
    6am/6pm

Wednesday (I shoot both cycles)
    6am/6:30pm

Thursday (friend shoots pm, Will get a +9.5, hopefully friend gets pmps, prefilled syringe, home by pmps +2.5)
    6:30am/7pm

Friday (friend shoots pm, will get a +8, hopefully friend gets pmps, prefilled syringe, home by +2.5)
    7am/7pm

Saturday (friend shoots pm, prefilled syringe, only home to get an amps +1, maybe home to get mid day check, back by pmps +1)
    6:45am/6:45pm

Sunday (friend shoots pm, prefilled syringe, home for amps +3 and possibly later cycle check, back by pmps +1.5
    6:30/6:15pm

Monday
    back on schedule!

2. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Re: 4/3 Latte AMPS-331, +2-187 (schedule feedback)

Good morning Carolyn. :D Happy sunshiney spring day!
    I can see you have put a lot of thought into this schedule you have planned. This is just for one wacky week, right?

3. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I think the schedule looks just fine! It seems like you were able to get things worked out vs. the much more complicated schedule you asked about several weeks ago. It's great you have a friend who can test and shoot.

Attached Files:

4. OptOut

OptOut Well-Known Member

How nice to have a warm fuzzy stealing your warmth from you!

5. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Schedule looks good to me too....you sound very energetic and organized! Hope you two enjoy your weekend...
    The kids are waiting for Latte for the decorating. Not too much this party though. We are all kinda knocked out from the egg coloring. The first and LAST annual egg coloring craziness!! Shadow should have come down a LOT more after this party weekend but NO...not yet. Hope Latte can talk some sense into our boy. See youz later, right?

6. carolynandlatte

Re: 4/3 Latte AMPS-331, +2-187, +6-95 (schedule feedback)

A pretty comfy green for her today. Not sure why she is hiding from it under the piano confused_cat The bouncing around may be getting to her. She has been experience some pretty big swings and I just dont know how to help her with them.

7. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

Re: 4/3 Latte AMPS-331, +2-187, +6-95, +9-77 (schedule feedback)

(((Latte))) :thumbup what a nice cycle today.. way 2 go!! ;-)
    Carolyn, thank you for Baby's belated birthday wish & mentioning Sadi in my thread today - you melted my heart!! It sure brought a smile to my face.. thinking of us.
    Wishing you & Latte a wonderful bounce free weekend!!

8. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Re: 4/3 Latte AMPS-331, +2-187, +6-95, +9-77 (schedule feedback)

you're having to do quite the balancing act with latte because of the meds and appetite. all things considered, you're doing an awesome job!

edited to add: your proposed schedule change looks great!

9. carolynandlatte

Re: 4/3 Latte AMPS-331, +11-55

Dang! Well her timing is much better this time. Im really wanting to feed something, but she just helped herself to some kibble. She had a few tsp of ff @ +9, as well. Im guessing it would be good to get a +11.5????!!!

Just talking it through and open to thoughts....
    If this was a.m. cycle we would be holding off or skipping, no question.
    Its PM -
    she is due for a bounce
    pred will kick in about an hr after her shot
    kibble will kick in about 3-4hrs into pmps.
    The kibble and pred will wear off around +6
    I will be home all night, all day tomorrow if it affects her a.m., and pm as well. Also around until +4 on Monday.

This could be our breakthrough if she stays down here for the next hour.
    Ive got butterflies, but want to shoot full dose.

Again, a.m. cycle and I would not even think about shooting under 100. PM is different.

Thoughts, concerns?

What should I do if she goes below 50 in the next hour? Should I feed now and take a food spike for ps?

10. Jill & Alex (GA)

Re: 4/3 Latte AMPS-331, +11~55! eyes for pmps

dosing tonight... i think you've thought it through and answered your own question. :D
    if she falls below 50 in the next hour, i would go ahead and feed a little bit. this is latte. we don't want her to get too full if you need to feed later in the cycle. however, you probably won't... between the pred and dry food, but better safe than sorry. since you'll be home you can coax her into eating more tonight.
    yes, get the +11.5. let's take a look at the rate of the rise...

11. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 4/3 Latte AMPS-331, +11~55! eyes for pmps

Sorry to jump in in the middle Carolyn.
    Just sending hugs that Latte has a nice green surf, and no crazy
    swings in either direction.

12. carolynandlatte

Re: 4/3 Latte AMPS-331, +11~55!, +11.5-75

Okay, she is right back to where she has been hanging out most of the day. Dont doubt she will be over 100 in the next 30 minutes. Too bad she dipped again. Those last minute dips can cause killer bounces.

Still nervous, but excited...and really hoping she stays below 100, so I can see what happens with the luxary of being home to monitor.

ETA: You suppose it was the food at +9 that cause the dip? That happens occassionally.

13. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

Re: 4/3 Latte AMPS-331, +11~55, +11.5-75

Just wanted to say hello to you and your rainbow kitty.

14. Jill & Alex (GA)

Re: 4/3 Latte AMPS-331, +11~55!, +11.5-75

lol! could be! wish i knew...

15. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

sounds like you have a good plan in place, I hope Latte will cooperate. :smile:

16. carolynandlatte

SHE DID IT!!!!! :mrgreen: dancing_cat :mrgreen:
    I seriously dont think she cares one bit, as she sleeps on her throne. I even did a dance for her, but she just rolled her eyes and then closed them. :lol:

She wont eat at pmps, so I give her babyfood off a spoon. Usually I can get a few tsp- 1/4 jar in her w/in the first hour or so. She took about 2 tsp after shot. Although she had her back turned to me the entire time, so I dont think she was very hungry. She *usually* doesnt eat until between +5 and +6.

Anything goes at this point I guess.

Im so proud of her cooperation and timing. cat_pet_icon

17. Jill & Alex (GA)

Re: 4/3 Latte AMPS-331, PMPS~ 87

fantastic! this is a golden opportunity to collect data tonight. :D

18. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

Re: 4/3 Latte AMPS-331, PMPS~ 87

Nice BOS! Hope she has a good night with not too much excitement. Sending appy vines.

19. carolynandlatte

Re: 4/3 Latte AMPS-331, PMPS~ 87, +1-139

And there is the dreaded bounce. Could be the start of the kibble from earlier today, too. I just hope that shooting at a lower number will keep her bounce and pred spikes lower than the 300's! That would be fantastic!!!

Will get her usual +3 and +6.

I think its more about tomorrow that worries me. If she clears a bounce quickly, I could get an amps I may be too fearful to shoot. Or, she will give me a high amps and clear it mid cycle, leaving me with ?????

20. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 4/3 Latte AMPS-331, PMPS~ 87, +1~139

I just wanted to pop in and say HI! Nice start to your day, nice day throughout - nice :mrgreen: . This was just a great post to read. I can so relate to those bounces - mannie has a trampoline which he uses all too frequently. I hope you and Latte have a great evening!

21. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Wow, Carolyn! My head is spinning just trying to keep up with your strategies! I hope that everything will go well tonight and that you'll be able to get some sleep, too. Stu sends love to Latte.

Ella & Stu

22. Amy and Six

Amy and Six Well-Known Member

You're amazing Carolyn. Just needed to share that.

23. Amy'sWinston (GA)

Amy'sWinston (GA) Member

Just got home from DS and checking in on you 2 to see what surprises Latte decided to throw for pmps. And look at that!!! What a day she's had! I'll be very curious to see how tonight unfolds. As you said, her timing is great and you'll get such valuable info tonight. Hope the experiment works beautifully!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.