4/3 Meme AMPS 100, little discussion

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by rawia, Apr 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rawia

rawia Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...estions-about-probiotics.193210/#post-2158341

Hi all:cat:,

Hope all of your kitties are doing well.

Meme now is much better, her numbers back to down as i am sure now that the probiotics ( all kind of it) causing constipation and tummy ubset for her, i tried many kinds and just stopped it now.

I have little discussion with you about her BG, i think that Meme should be on trial long time ago but i think that i am doing something wrong somewhere. I thought of 2 things ( her feeding routine or how i mesure the drop dose).

1- will discuss with you first her feeding routine, i used to free feed her as she does not eat to much even if i remove the food fo long time. She always eats one or two tea spoon of wet food then come bake after 3 or 4 hours ask for more and continue like that until her next shooting time which i remove the food 3 hours before, young again dry food is always available which she eats little of it.

So on this little dose of insulin i think that this feeding routine make her numbers little higher even if it is low carb!!

Does anyone think like that or it is ok to feed her free, i tried to change that but it is hard. When she first diagnosed she was 4.2 KG and now she is 4.8, the vet told me that it is ok but i have to keep an eye on her.

Can this what cause her BG little higher ??

2- mesaring this drop dose is really hard, sometimes the syring gave me nothing when i push hard so i had to pull some and it ends with little more than a drop and sometimes it is just very tiny drop. When she hive me green PS and i pull little more i noticed that she stay in blue during the cycle which make me think that i am giving her little much insulin.

I was trying to figure it out what make her numbers little high and maybe it just means that she is not ready yet but i want to share that with you as you have some experience and can give me advice if anything needs to be changed.

:bighug:

2. CassAndGordy(GA)

CassAndGordy(GA) Well-Known Member

(Bumping this for you!)

3. rawia

rawia Member

Thanks

4. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

The probiotics caused constipation?

5. rawia

rawia Member

It should not, but it caused that to my cat and some other brand caused upset tummy, i noticed that her BG is high every time i start probiotics but once i stopped it everything is ok .

I know that probiotics does work for alomost all cats but i really do not know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.