4/3 Oliver amps 392 +6~347 pmps 457 +3~371 cycle 3

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Blue, Apr 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Yesterday’s Condo for Oliver

Yesterday's recap:
    356 - amps 9 2.5uL)
    401 - +2
    383 - +4
    365 - +6
    374 - +8
    pmps - 481 ( 3uL)
    466 - +2
    403 - +9
    392 - today's amps (3uL)

Oliver's doing just fine, even with the high numbers. He's eating quite well and knows now to follow me into the kitchen as that's where the food is. Someone's doing alot of urinating in the LB, but he's drinking lots and his numbers are high, so it's expected till we find his right dose and he settles more.

His coat feels much silkier now that I have been brushing it a fair amount. He was shedding something horrible before; all the fine fuzzy undercoat and other loose hairs were flying all over. You could not pat him without coming away with your hand covered with hairs. Now, we are down to just the under hairs maybe thinning out for summer. He really seems to like the brushing, but when he is done with it, his big paw hooks up and he grabs the brush away from me, proceeding to chew on it. I am sure he enjoys it because he tilts his head this way and that to indicate where he wants brushing. I use a natural bristle brush for the fine hair and then a bit of the wire brush for finishing, the same one as I use for the girls.

He's getting more of a definite personality now; his opins are made known, so if he is done with something or does not like something, he lets you know now.
    I still find it weird how Booboo doesn't mind him one bit and is always going to check on Oliver, with no fear, but Shadoe keeps her distance and always has one eye on him, even if he is sound asleep across the room.

I'll get +2 for both of them and see where we are then.

2. Amy and Six

Amy and Six Well-Known Member

Re: 4/3 Oliver amps 392

Oliver, come on down!!! There's nothing to see up there.

3. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Morning Oliver....so happy that you are doing so well...and that your fur is looking better!
    Now, for those PINKS... ohmygod_smile You and Shadow do NOT look "pretty in pink", k? Got it?
    Let's get down from there....

4. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Well you do remember that old shed needs filling right Gayle. :lol: :lol:

He saw nicer numbers the last time he was at 3u so hopefully he will be
    getting there very soon!!!

Come on Oliver.

5. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Re: 4/3 Oliver amps 392 +2~342 +6~347

Well, it looks like he is holding his own here while we fill the shed; that's a good thing.
    Once it's filled I am hoping to see a hint of yellow.

I am trying to train him to eat from only HIS bowls haha_smiley yes, I know, silly me, but if I don't try, I will never know if he will leave some food for Shadoe. So far, he is good at eating from his bowl first; before he would go and check what SHE was getting first and mz hissy pants would make noise but leave and let him eat her food. I am trying to give them both the same foods at the same time, only his is in a bigger bowl. I show him both, let him sniff to see they are the same, then put his on his mat and give Shadoe her little bowl. It's going OK unless he really really likes what they get and he eats his then promptly goes over to hers. Today, she was done when he went looking for her bowl, so I told him no, picked up her bowl, then dumped what she left into his bowl.
    Yes, I know, now stop haha_smiley and get off the floor. I have to at least make the attempt, even though I know I will lose.

I loaded up on big cans of friskies; he seems to love the turkey & giblets and the chef's dinner. Thankfully, Shadoe likes them too. What a stroke of luck that is. Food that is cheaper, LC, and they both like it. Now, it's time to get another box of strips and then my groceries before stores close till Monday or Tuesday.

I am hopeful for better numbers tonite for Oliver.

6. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Re: 4/3 Oliver amps 392 +6~347 pmps 457 cycle 3

Today, Oliver was a very hungry boy before his pm shot. When I got home and uncovered Booboo's bowls of kitty krak, Oliver jumped right up and had decided he wanted some. And he's fast too for a big boy. He knows it's bad so he jumped up, grabbed a mouthful and I was already yelling his name, saying don't you dare! Yeah, as if what I say matters to a hungry Oliver. Better to grab a mouthful and then scoot into the bedroom to hide under that bed than keep waiting for food.
    And that is what he did; grabbed a mouthful then ran into the bedroom and hid there till about 30min before ps.

I have to keep putting more food for him until he gets more close to regulated. I have to keep reminding myself that Shadoe ate 4 cans a day in the beginning, and Oliver is a much bigger kitty.

So I got a 1/2 big can in a dish, then tested, and shot while he was eating. Once he had licked the bowl clean, he sprawled out really long, exhausted but satisfied.
    But like stuffing yourself with Chinese food, he was hungry again after less than an hour, so I gave him some more.

7. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

it's hard to remember how much they eat when unregulated. At one point Lucy was eating 5-6 cans of FF per day. Now I use 6 cans a day for all three cats combined. It must be a shock to go back to that again (that and the litter box flooding).

8. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Libby,
    I think that's what I would say to a new person that is most important:
    just keep putting food out when kitty asks and keep lots of fresh water.

I am following his lead, and he's pretty good about it. He does not eat everything put down all the time but after waiting 2hrs for ps, he definitely licks the platter clean on that shot meal. I give him more once it's empty and he usually leaves something in the bowl for later.

There are 3 water bowls and I freshen them frequently because he does drink alot.

So, food, water, kind words and test as often as you can.

9. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Oliver running away to hide under the bed with a mouthful of kitty krack.
    Now that is funny, kind of, yes it is.
    Boys weill be boys Gayle. You are just too used to your
    girls.
    I sure hope his numebers start coming down.

10. OptOut

OptOut Well-Known Member

I love bad boys! Go Oliver! :mrgreen:

11. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

I should have said that he is too big to run; he lumbers along like a mini mountain lion. The girls scoot and scamper; he lumbers quickly if that is possible.

His attitude is all about 'I was hungry, so I took some food. You wanna make something out of it?' I'll be sure to be a better bean now.

12. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Well, at least someone is going in the right direction. At this rate, Oliver is going to get lower than Shadoe!
    Oliver is really happy cuz he's getting more foods, so life is good!

I have a good feeling that we are getting close to his dose. It may not be 3u but I hope it's not too much higher.

13. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

You know your kitties!

Oliver may lumber. Gabby saunters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.