4/3 Shadoe amps 382 +6~155 pmps 346 +2.5 355

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Blue, Apr 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Yesterday’s Condo for Shadoe

Yesterday's recap:
    155 - amps (2.5uLev)
    115 - +2
    65 - +4
    110 - +6
    122 - +8
    187 - pmps (2.5uLev)
    227 - +2
    425 - +9 (1st reading)
    391 - +9 (2nd reading)
    418 - +10
    382 - today's amps

I can't explain the rise, so I have chosen to just ignore it for now and continue with her normal 2.5u. We will see what happens through the day today.

Now, after her shot and some foods followed by a LB visit, she is sitting on her security socks and dishcloth. She has not zeroed in on them for awhile now, so hopefully whatever is up will clear soon.

2. Amy and Six

Amy and Six Well-Known Member

Re: 4/3 Shadoe amps 382

I like your wait and see attitude...especially with her sitting on her security socks and dish towel ( :lol: isn't funny what they choose?).

Shadoe...there's an Easter Egg hunt tomorrow! Yes, pink works as trim on a pretty yellows and blue dress, ok?

3. Marvie and Tugger

Marvie and Tugger Well-Known Member

Are these her pacifiers/woobies? Boomer has a big stuffed Easter bunny that is his woobie. Bella has a furry spider on a string and BB has a very old little stuffed Simba from Lion King that has always been her "baby." BB doesn't go looking for her baby anymore, it's under my bed and has been in the same spot for about a year. I wonder if she'd even notice if I moved it. She used to carry it everywhere with her, she played with it and groomed it (has a bald spot on it's mane) and she even used to feed it. I used to have a picture of it but I can't find it right now. She would put her baby face down in the food bowl. Did it once a day, every day for years. Bella carries her spider around and talks about it. Loudly. Daily. She gets upset of she can't find it and I have to help her track it down.

The coolest thing is that none of the other kitties mess with BB's baby or Bella's spider, they seem to know somehow. Even Echo doesn't touch them.

4. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Amy,
    The good thing about the socks is that she sat on them with too low numbers before as they felt wrong. Now, she sits on them when the numbers are high, and I like that sign.

Hopefully she will come down nicely by tomorrow.

5. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Marvie,
    It's important for the cats to have their special items, and I do believe the others are more than aware of the rituals and quirks.

Shadoe likes fresh laundry in general. From very young, I always dumped the fresh laundry on the bed to sort and fold. I started to find her in the pile, just a rolling around, tossing socks up in the air, having a joyous time. Over time, she started to look forward to the laundry, sitting by the bed and waiting for me to dump it, then up she would jump. I eventually would give her the socks to roll in and she left the rest of the laundry alone.
    After the gym, when I took off my socks, she started to pounce on them, just rubbing her face on them. When I tried to take them away to the hamper, her nails came out! Yikes! She likes smelly gym socks!
    Now the rituals are set; I toss all the socks into a pile for her after doing the laundry, and the gym socks are left on the floor for her, one pair at a time.

The dish cloth was a similar story. I had washed out the sink and the counters and stove top, then just dropped the cloth to the floor till i was finished cleaning the kitchen. I turned around shortly after and there she was, Shadoe sitting with her front paws resting on the cloth and she was rubbing her face all over it. She has had the same cloth for weeks now and I don't have the heart to take it away from her.

She scratches the cloth and socks into a pile and then rests her front paws on the pile. She used them all the time when she was sick with her p-titis, so she must be drawing some comfort from them.

6. Amy and Six

Amy and Six Well-Known Member

I love the sock story. Just love it. Sweet, funny and comforting.

7. carolynandlatte

carolynandlatte Well-Known Member

Gosh Gayle, I am sorry about those numbers for shadoe. Sounds like you have a good plan of attack. Sorry you had to be coming up with it at 3am.

Can shadoe's condition turn on and off that quickly? It is like that with Latte so often...doing ok and then one vomit, one day not eating, or eating a lot, pain, wierd chemistry ....and suddenly what was working is not. Then weeks later with a snap of a finger what I am doing is too much. It's crazy. I surely hope it is as simple as the dry.

Give Shadoe a kiss on the forehead for us. And, I hope you can get some rest today so you feel better.

8. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

Good morning Gayle and Shadoe! What cute little rituals your kitties have!. Spot's only ritual is his pacing back and forth, waiting for his breffis in the morning when I'm in the bathroom getting ready for work. Civvie Ali has her special time at night when I go to bed...her, and only her, are aloud on the bed, and her spot is on my right shoulder. Now Ralph, he's the one who has the stuffed toy fetish. Doesn't really matter which one, his or the droolers, but you can find him at any time walking around the house with something hanging out of his mouth, crying his little heart out. He also sits outside his grammie beans bedroom door and cries for her.

Gayle....I'm sorry but I haven't really been following shadoe, but I took some time to look at his ss this morning. I noticed that Shadoe likes Lev more than Lantus and is really getting some good numbers. I think this morning's pink is just a fluke. Could it be a possibility that these are bouncing numbers....lower ones, yes, he is coming down from bouncing up to that 418? If there is something going on there, I hope that it clears up and the nicer numbers come back. Either way, try not to worry about it to much. Shadoe is getting green numbers and will get back to them soon.

9. Marvie and Tugger

Marvie and Tugger Well-Known Member

That is an awesome story Gayle, love it =) Mine like laundry, when it's warm out of the dryer, but they only lay in it and leave their hairs all over it for me since I somehow seem to have lost them in the wash :lol: They work hard to put their hair on my clothes and I'm forever washing them off in the washing machine so the kitties have to start all over. I giggled about the stinky gym socks too, BB used to loooooooooooove to stick her head in hubby's smelly work boots. Blech. But hey, whatever makes them happy right? =)

10. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Cute laundry story...that Shadoe is so funny! She and my shadow think they look pretty in pink I guess...seasonal color. ohmygod_smile Nothing to do but grin and bear it....wait it out. she will bring herself back down...
    Hope she can come for the Easter egg hunt....
    Hoping you all have a great day!

11. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 4/3 Shadoe amps 382 +2~299

Well I like that +2 Gayle
    Very nice drop in the 2 hours.
    I think her body has been low now for a while and she likes those numbers.
    I hope she gets out of them very soon, she hs bee doing so well.

I wish my gang had some funny quirks but, they don't like anything.
    The only strange habit s Mystique wanting to get under the bed covers when we go to bed.
    She will paw at it until I lift it up and she happily will go under.

Max is now in the new pink catbed. So much for giving his sisters a chance.

12. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA Well-Known Member

Could it be that Shadoe was much lower between that last +2 yesterday and the +9? Then you might be seeing a bounce? Whatever it is, I hope it clears soon.

Funny what they choose as their own, then abandon. My civvie Rosie for a while liked to sleep on a non-static bubble wrap bag. It was abut a foot square and she settled right into it.

13. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

I never know what's up with Shadoe but she has been known to throw curves, just to keep me guessing.
    I honestly don't know how come so many thing happened all at once, the results for acro, the ultrasound, the dental, the switch of insulin, the missed shots, the fasting, etc. And then bring in a HUGE hulk of a strange cat into HER home? Well, it's just been one thing after another with Shadoe.
    Booboo is like, meh, whatever.

Because I don't know how acros change, from needing little to all of a sudden needing more, that's my biggest concern. For any other cause, it's manageable. I ruled out teeth because she was just there. I don't know about the AB, she just finished those drops (which she hated and so is likely glad they are done), so who knows how the stopping affects them. Oliver has been sniffing around Booboo's dry food, and maybe he has led Shadoe astray, telling her it's OK to go up there! The food gets covered when I am out but not if I walk out of the room for a minute and then back. I am aware that cats can be sneaky, especially when they KNOW it's a bad thing.

So, that's why I say WHO KNOWS WHY? and best to pretend it's a blip.

OK it's time to tend to the LB; Oliver just deposited something that is causing my sinuses to rebel and my right eye to water.

Randi,
    that under the cover thing is something that Booboo has always done. It's the only thing she really demands and I thought cuz she is so scrawny that she needed the extra heat.

And as for the cat beds, I think cats see bloos and greens ok but other stuff is just greys. Are the beds different in any ways other than color? Maybe he just feels that he deserves the new cuz you left him home alone!

It's fascinating what the kitties deem as critical to their peace of mind.

14. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Funny your Booboo does that too cuz Mystique is also skinny at 7 pounds.
    I call het the rat, with love and affection.

the catbed is the exact same and I put it next to the other one.
    Silly me that I would expect my brilliant Max to notice it wasn't his, other
    than it not having his smell on it.
    I will put one in another place and see if a sister hops in!!

15. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

I love your sock story :mrgreen: Hope Shadoe's numbers come down for you :YMHUG:

16. OptOut

OptOut Well-Known Member

I just love your stories!

Sorry to see the nasty high number! Wait and see today sounds like a good strategy - she certainly could have snuck something. You know how to use R, so you can manipulate a bit. I'm not sure if you should increase tonight or wait until tomorrow morning if she's still high, but you have all day to decide.

17. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Re: 4/3 Shadoe amps 382 +2~299 +6~155

OK now that's a much better number: 155
    Whatever caused her to have those high numbers has passed.

Shadoe is acting like her old self again, being pissy to Oliver and sleeping nicely with Booboo. I wouldn't put it past her to have planned it all along to coax me away from giving Oliver attention.

Heather,
    I have been thinking of a number to use as the line at which I would consider using R, and for no particular reason, I have picked 400 because I hate the reds and abhor the blacks.
    Because her hi numbers were quite close to ps, I decided to wait till then and if the number was 400 or above, I'd give her the usual dose with maybe .25uR.
    She lucked out by getting a ps of 382, below my baseless cutoff number, and I went with just the 2.5u Lev.

I still would like to know how long I stick out high pink numbers before increasing Shadoe's dose. I keep track of the age of carts, and would easily be able to start a new one to see if it would fix the numbers, but if it's not the insulin, then how long is the wait before increasing and by how much? Do I fall back to the protocol and raise as in the section about increasing the dose, or something more aggressive?

Anyways, for today, she's back in bloo so that's the most important thing.

18. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Re: 4/3 Shadoe amps 382 +6~155 pmps 346

Well, this pmps is depressing; I can see that Shadoe is not as pleased with these numbers either, she's pretty subdued.
    I hate to see the higher numbers, but at least she's got nadir under 200 so I don't have to start any count towards an increase.

We have already tried that "wait 6, increase dose" pattern and I don't like it, so I don't want to get back into that direction. Hopefully, she is just getting over whatever caused this blip and we will get back to our nice bloos again.

19. OptOut

OptOut Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to see that she's high again tonight...it's so disappointing!

I doubt the insulin is the problem, although it's always the most convenient thing to blame. You could always start a new cart, but I wouldn't toss the old one.

I think Shadoe will need an increase. Unfortunately, I don't know if you should do it in the morning or tomorrow night. I don't know if you should increase by .25 or .50. I'm not sure if you should go up every 4 cycles or every 6. Can you try to get in touch with one of the acro-moms who have been through these increase/decrease/increase cycles?

And hopefully, I'm completely wrong and she's just become a crack-thief.

20. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Heather,
    I posted over in HD to see if anyone has some suggestions.
    High Dose Cross Post

Shadoe is usually coming down a bit by now, but her +2.5 is up to 355. :YMSIGH:
    She's definitely turned some corner.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.