4.30.15 Zoey amps(452)PMPS(423)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Rose, Apr 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rose

Rose Member

Good Thursday morning, folks!

Zoey is her normal: hungry, impatient, sweet and wonderful, hobbled but determined, and obstinate; all systems functioning. (And dare I say petechiae are sooooo much better!) Will try and keep a handle on her drops today.

Blessings and healing vines to all.....

Yesterday

2. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Very nice report, despite the bounce! Have a great day, guys!

Rose likes this.
  3. Rose

Rose Member

Internet would not connect for the better part of the day. A blessing and a curse. :)

I've read that turmeric is good for arthritis, liver support and blood disorders (and a whole host of other things) so I picked some up today and have added 1/16th tspn to her evening meal. Zoey LOVES coconut oil and she eats it daily as a treat of sorts when we do our sugar tests. I put it on my finger and let her eat/lick it off and she just can't get enough of it. I'm wondering if there's an upper limit that I should be aware of on the coconut oil. I read turmeric works more effectively if it's mixed with coconut oil as a binder. Do you think as much as a tablespoon of organic coconut oil a day is too much? I also rub it on her stomach.

4. Patricia & Noodle

Patricia & Noodle Well-Known Member

No real ideas on the tumeric and coconut oil, though you are trying to get her to lose a little weight, right? That much coconut oil could be a lot of extra calories (1 tbsp: 117 cal).

Also, I was reading yesterday's condo and I'm laughing so hard at your mop comment. I have a sneaking feeling DH wouldn't put up too much of a fight about a Zoey backpack, I haven't forgotten his ice pack cuddle sessions!

5. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

no idea about tumeric.
    read that it's bitter in taste.

good to hear that her skin is doing better.

6. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

You could put the turmeric in small, #4 capsules.

7. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I give coconut oil three times a week in hairball season to help slide them through. But as Patricia said, you do have to be careful on volume cause it is high calorie. I used to give it daily but cut back when I noticed weight gain on 1/8 tsp a day. Too much oil might also cause things to be a little looser than you want.

Great news that her skin is better!

8. Rose

Rose Member

All great points, y'all! I get so caught up in trying to pump good-for-her things into her system that I easily cross that line of overkill. Thanks for the input. We value it greatly! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.