4-30-19 Nelli PMPS 115; @3.25 107; @4.75 89 *PICs!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Krystina & Nelli, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Krystina & Nelli

Krystina & Nelli Well-Known Member

EIGHT days ago...
    I woke up this morning at 4:32. Went into kitchen to get some water, turned light on and O.M.G, Nelli was on floor with a tied up garbage bag, which I didn’t take out last night b/c can was full, garbage pic up was this morning.
    Nelli had chewed a hole in the bag and was eating something in it :woot: :eek: :woot:.
    I couldn’t believe what I was seeing!!!

2. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Thank goodness she was only eating something and it wasn't tangled around her.

3. Krystina & Nelli

Bronx's dad (GA) likes this.
  4. Krystina & Nelli

Thank God she didn't get stabbed by a syringe or Lancet needle!!!

5. Krystina & Nelli

I decided to skip her shot this morning so we could get back on proper time schedule. Didn't wake up again until 8:30ish :woot: (unusual for me to be sleeping at this time!?!) tested her at 9:30. I don't know if my SS timeline is correct. I tagged +2.25 as 9:30 test time based upon the hours since PMPS? Her numbers today were very odd- She was pretty flat all day, started with a 71?
    Did not want her breakfast… must have really had a feast out of the garbage bag- has not eaten much all day. Feeling fine though I have been able to keep an eye on her as she has been acting like Nelli (normally :cool:) acts-nothing out of the ordinary. She did not eat much of her dinner but I think that's because she doesn't like what I fed her? Also on my SS her PMPS was at 10.5 basing it on the old schedule. Does that make any sense?

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  6. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice pictures, but I think I'm gonna have to adopt your little sweet Nelli.. you don't seem to feed her enough poor little thing, she's got to eat from the garbage.... :p
    As Paula said, a good thing it was not tangled around her neck! For the syringes, I bend the needle and I put the cap back on the lancets!

Krystina & Nelli likes this.
  7. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

I use an empty plastic laundry detergent container for the used syringes and bring it to my vet when it gets full. They take it no problem, just hope I don't get pulled over on the way there :p

8. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

LOL, reminds me of when my pup got skunked and I had him in the car the next day...I was really, really hoping I wouldn't get pulled over :woot:

9. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

Maybe this new diet will help her numbers!!:p
    As for your PMPS @10.5, 115 is lower than the average you're getting normally at @12 !
    Enjoy your evening with Nelli :bighug:

10. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

Sending some good food appy vibes for little naughty Nelli....sheesh going through the garbage is something droolers do :rolleyes: eat your proper foods, Nelli :kiss:

11. Krystina & Nelli

LMAO :joyful: :joyful: :joyful:... thanks, I needed that :D.
    Do you believe this!?! Maybe she thinks she’s a dog :eek:. Gotta tell yah, when she wants to come inside she’ll scratch the door til I hear her... like a dog :woot:!!!

12. Krystina & Nelli

OMG Christie, you are hilarious.
    I’ll never forget this day, Nelli!

13. Krystina & Nelli

I know... much lower than lately :nailbiting:. Her numbers all day were perplexing. Instead f the usual before bedtime test, I think I’ll go test her now. Thanks for the awareness :bighug:

14. Krystina & Nelli

He-he :p

15. Krystina & Nelli

Great idea, thanks!!!

16. Krystina & Nelli

:woot:

17. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Naughty Nelli is living up to her name. I'm glad she didn't get tangled up in the bag. I hope she surfs safely tonight.

18. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

What a little stinker getting into the garbage! Apparently, it was low carb because her numbers today are great even in the absence of no insulin!

I put my used syringes and lancet into a empty plastic quart milk container. I write on it, insulin syringes and lancets for cat Bubba. My old dental office I worked for prior to taking care of my mom full time takes them for me and puts them into their red bag for medical waste.

19. Krystina & Nelli

Hah! Never thought of that, Bobbie. I don’t even want to imagine what she ate :eek:. Whatever it was... she’d rather not eat her cat food today :p.
    Let me be clear on this... Nelli has never gotten into contraband, ever before. She doesn’t jump up on the kitchen counter, never gets into any type of food that isn’t hers o_O.
    A day of Nelli life I will never forget :joyful:!

20. Krystina & Nelli

New avatar.... Nelli knowing she’s been naughty :cat:

21. Krystina & Nelli

22. Jill & Scooter

Jill & Scooter Well-Known Member

Nellie looks quite pleased with herself in the first pic! Hope her good numbers continue!

23. Krystina & Nelli

Doesn’t she :cat:... :mad:
    Thanks Jill :)

24. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Oh look mom I took care of the garbage for you!!!!!!

I also bend the needle and recapp. There isn't a place here that takes them. My previous vet took them and did not charge me. Ollie's new vet charges me.

I put the lancets in an empty strip bottle and throw them in trash when full.

25. Krystina & Nelli

Ok.