4/30 Trixie AMBG 84

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Amy&TrixieCat, Apr 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Yesterday

Trix's appy is better and overall she seems like she's more like herself.

Civvie Zen, however, barfed last evening; didn't eat dinner; had a small 3:00am snack and promptly barfed again. After that, he seemed to feel better...he had a small snack again shortly after, and had a fairly normal breakfast. Civvie Noah's appy has been a bit wonky for a couple days, too, but also seems to be improving. This all makes me wonder if we've got some sort of stomach bug here, maybe something that came home from the ER with Trix last weekend. Of course, though, we'll never know for sure - and that makes it even more nerve-wracking.

I don't know...all I do know is that my I've still got some pretty significant PTSD going on from all that happened with Petey earlier this month so my nerves are rattled to the very core. Last night was another night of almost no sleep. I really, really, really need a break, otherwise I don't know if I'll ever be able to get my wits about me....

With that....prayers to all.

Amy

Willow likes this.
  2. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

(((Amy))), I hope your kitties don't have an ER bug, but if they do, it looks like it might be on the wane. Lots of eat yer fuds vines to Zen and Noah. Very glad that Trix is doing better.

Lots of good thoughts for strength for you, Amy. I hope that you'll be able to relax a bit today and take a nice nap.

Hugs and scritches,

Amy&TrixieCat likes this.
  3. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope the kitties are over whatever was bothering them. I hope you get a chance to relax a little. Sending prayers.

5. Josie & Ripley (GA)

Josie & Ripley (GA) Well-Known Member

Yay for Trixie! Sending vines to Zen. And many hugs to you, Amy. :bighug::bighug:

6. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Oh Amy! :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:
    I'm happy to hear that Trixie is feeling better and her appy has returned.
    Do Zen and Noah get the same food? Perhaps the formula has changed?

7. Amy&TrixieCat

They do eat the same food. I just started a new bag a few days ago (they are kibble-addicts...I tried every trick imaginable to get them converted to wet), and I can tell the batch must be from a different facility than the previous bags, so that could be part of it. They are littermates (Petey was the third), and they all have had food sensitivities all their lives - finding things that work for them has always been a huge, stressful challenge. I just picked up a new limited ingredient formula to try today. In the past, limited ingredient diets have helped - except that, being cats - by the time I get them fully transitioned they will no longer eat the limited ingredient diet. I eventually gave up and fed them what they would eat but that caused the least amount of issues. We'll see how this diet goes...so far Zen has had several snacks of it mixed in with his other food and so far so good. Noah hasn't ventured down yet. These guys are why I've always had huge anxiety over cat food...toss in a diabetic with CKD and I pretty much start shaking when I think about cat food.

Judy and Boomer likes this.
  8. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

The food issues are enough to drive us Beans crazy! So is it perhaps the food that is upsetting the tummies?

9. Amy&TrixieCat

It could be...but I tell ya not knowing for sure magnifies my anxiety like crazy!

Judy and Boomer likes this.
  10. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Lotsa vines for the boys. Calming vines for you, Amy. Good work, Trix!
    Liz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.