4/4 Davidson PMPS-228, +2 - 243, +9.5-358

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Shawna & Davidson (GA), Apr 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Shawna & Davidson (GA) Well-Known Member

Yesterday's Condo:
    http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/4-3-davidson-pmps-234-2-222-5-234.193572/

Pet sitter was here this morning learning how to test, measure and shoot Davidson for when I'm on vacation. We did lots of teaching and all good........Davidson at +1.25 (09:12) was 209, then did another 1 min later (09:13) and he was 158...........dropping nicely so will test again as per my usual schedule.

** Was I supposed to start a NEW CYCLE when Davidson hit green? I did, so today is Cycle 4 for AM shooting.

Amanda & Shmee likes this.
  2. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Slow it down some Davidson. Maybe a tsp of LC food to slow that boy.

Since this is his first greens on this dose you will hold it 10 cycles from the greens and not decrease unless he goes under 50 on a human meter. I am assuming you are using a human meter by your SS but just want to make sure. Or if he stays in all greens for one week you would decrease. If he doesn't make his way back to greens after 10 cycles, then you would increase the dose.

3. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

TY - Ha, ha......he takes after his mother - FAST! He eats all day grazing with FF all of which are LC.......
    I thought that was the new schedule once he hit green..........yes, human meter and hoping he hits more greens and stays there for a bit.

4. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Looks like no greens this cycle...........however, looking at his SS it does appear that he's getting a bit better each day or at least lower BG's so I guess that's a good thing.

5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope you see more green soon.

6. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Hmm, I'm wondering if I should increase Davidson's dose as I've done 5 cycles and only had the one day with some greens???

7. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

I'm looking for opinions on increasing the dose for Davidson:

He's been on this 1.5u dose for 5 days now........with the one day on Apr 2nd getting a green in the am testing. It's suggested I wait 10 cycles before increasing if he doesn't earn a reduction. I think it's too long looking at his numbers and think maybe increase it earlier.............I have to increase his dose in the morning as then I'm hear all day, as in the night I may fall asleep or not be up each hour to test. Yes, it's not usually an issue but I'm already up every 2-3 hrs and I can't afford to get sick with going to Africa as I need my autoimmune system strong due to all the diseases there.

So - I either increase tomorrow morning which would start the 11th cycle on this dose and/or 5 cycles since getting his first green. I don't want to slow the momentum and I am taking a more aggressive stance.

If his BG test is not considerably lower tomorrow then I will increase his dose, he's been nowhere near another green since he had one 5 cycles ago.

Thanks for your input,
    Shawna

8. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

I started a separate thread to being the attention from some experienced carers on here............no greens in 2.5 days and not even close, so at this point I will increase Davidson's dose tomorrow to 1.75u as i don't think in his case it's good to stay on this dose too long..........I was on a 6 cycle rotation and it's been 10 on this dose, with showing a few greens on one morning but none in 5 cycles.

9. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

See how things go. He a flat yellow cycle is sometimes followed by an active cycle. That said, there is some wiggle room there for a dose increase. You've thought it out... I agree with your thought process.

10. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

and I merged them. :D
    All you have to do is change the title to grab someone's attention.

11. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Okay. Thanks for pointing that out.i will see what tomorrow brings and make a decision but at this point looks like.a dosecrease.

Jill & Alex (GA) likes this.
  12. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Davidson is soooooo getting a dosecrease this morning. I do know one reason for the steady increase is the abs he’s taking, which is only going to finish April 6th evening. The abs cause liquipoo a bit so I know that’s in reasing the BG..he’s going to start this morning at 1.75u and see how that goes. I’ll hold this dose 6 cycles, unless he decided to show some greens........

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.