4/6 Asia AMPS 216, +7 60, +10 96, +11 177

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Stacy & Asia, Apr 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/4-4-asia-amps-3-107-4-42-5-68-pmps-431.193628/

Asia is hanging tough on a half unit dose, can you believe it? These preshots are gross, especially the am ones. So confusing and frustrating that nadirs can stay the same lowering the dose, but the bookends creep up. She seems to be on this new kick the past couple weeks: +1, +2, +3 DIVE! :confused: Reminds me of Lantus, but at least now I have more breathing room with the later onset.

The SEB seems to be working out well, I haven’t given cerenia since we started and so far, no acid tummy vomit.

Asia (and the rest of us) are not happy that the radiators remain on despite it being 70 degrees out today! :eek: She has decided to sleep most of the day on the mat in the bathroom, that’s her go to spot when it’s too warm, poor thing.

2. Moose (GA) & Rae

Moose (GA) & Rae Member

Look at those greens! :D Way to surf, Asia! Surfing helps her to stay cool :cool:

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  3. Stacy & Asia

+10 96, +11 +177. Can we say big insulin poop out! :banghead:

4. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Love seeing those greens!

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  5. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Asia looks good, despite the bookends.
    Can you turn off your radiators at the valves? We did that in one of the apartments we lived in because we couldn't stand all that heat. In my experience, if you turn the knob all the way off it shuts off the steam. We were told once to turn it all the way on, or all the way off--no inbetween. In another apartment the previous tenant had taken out the radiators, leaving only the risers. They gave off plenty of heat. Maybe your super can help?

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  6. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

She sure is a swinger! :D

I know it is frustrating :bighug:

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  7. Stacy & Asia

Yes, you can’t regulate them, it’s either all the way on or all the way off. They are off and have been off most of the time, even in winter, as the pipes alone pump out enough heat to keep it tropical in here and we can’t do anything about the pipes being hot. :joyful:

The boiler for the building is supposed to shut off when it’s over 55 degrees outside, but obviously, it doesn’t. It’s very dysfunctional, we lost heat entirely 3 or 4 times this winter, on the very coldest days, of course. Super says it’s going to be fixed, but it takes a long time so they have just been slapping band aids on it until the summer comes and they can replace it. Super is suffering too, she lives in our building and is on the top floor, the way the system works, she has to keep her radiators turned on or else the lower floors won’t be able to call for steam! :eek: I can’t imagine, if we use them at all, we turn just one on, if we turned all of them on, we would die of heat stroke!

8. Kathy and TiTi

Kathy and TiTi Well-Known Member

TiTi does the same, and yea it's :banghead: time. RIght now she's slowly coming down from her Honey OD. Now seems clear that the 21 was an error.

I lived in a building like that in NYC. They never did fix the boiler. It was often colder inside than it was outside, or vice versa. I was on the fifth floor of a 6 floor building.

Frustrating or not, Asia does look good!

9. Stacy & Asia

Yes, I have a sneaking suspicion this wasn’t a new problem and it’s not going to get fixed when they say it will. Just have to figure out how to work around it because besides the heat issue, we love our apartment.

Thanks, I know it seems like I’m whinging about a little thing when others would give their eye tooth for numbers like hers, but diabetes has already done some organ damage to her in the brutal first couple months of diagnosis if not before then when I didn’t know she had it. I’m just trying to mitigate some of that damage since she has other things besides diabetes going on. And I will keep on trying! ;)

TiTi is coming down in dose a lot too! :woot: :cat:

10. Kathy and TiTi

I understand fully. TiTi had inadequate care her 1st 2 years of Fd. I strongly suspect kidney damage. Will get a full set of tests on her in May - paycheck time for seasonal job.

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  11. Stacy & Asia

Aw, TiTi. :bighug: It’s such a brutal disease.

Do you know what her high dose condition is? Or is that something you’ll find out in May as well?

12. Kathy and TiTi

We are assuming acro, but really. lately it seems different. Her dose is so low now, and was never the hyuge dose so many acros get. But I can't afford the various tests needed. I need to save my shekels for possible kidney disease meds - it's also a very expensive condition.
    Also, since I live in the country, where people abandon their cats when they move, or simply tired of their grown up kittens, I now have 14 indoor kitties, and about 5 outdoors. Kind of pricey. When I bought this house, I had 5 kitties, and that was too much.

13. Stacy & Asia

14 kitties! :woot: Wow! Are you and @Summers Mom in contact? She has many cats too, don’t recall how many, but I bet you guys could trade tips on managing a large crowd.

That’s so sad people abandon their animals, I will never understand it. :(

Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
  14. Kathy and TiTi

I am quite sure that if they could get away with it, they would abandon their children when such became inconvenient.
    No, I do not know Summer's mom. I'd like to.

15. Stacy & Asia

I meant to tag her, going to edit that post above.

Kathy and TiTi likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.