4/6 | Moose | PMPS = 145; +2 = 68, +2.5 = 56, +3 = 45

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Moose (GA) & Rae, Apr 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moose (GA) & Rae

Moose (GA) & Rae Member

Good morning, and happy Friday!

Link to yesterday's condo.

Thank you to everyone who suggested taking a reduction, even though Moose did not get < 40. He's a bit high this morning, but I imagine that is the bounce from yesterday. (Edit: Also just found out that BF accidentally fed him a whole can of HC food for dinner last night.) I will be able to shoot tonight and get back on his regular shooting schedule (as well as do a full curve tomorrow) so we will see how things go.

Brother dog Bo has a vet appointment tomorrow, so I will schedule Moose's teeth cleaning appointment while I am there.

Moose seems happy and begging for food, as always. I am starting to believe what others have suggested, that he has purposefully "tweaked" his BG numbers in order to get more noms. It's working Moose, but no more dramatics, ok? ;)

I did find a hairball that he must have thrown up last night or early this morning. He has also occasionally been doing this gagging type thing. It will sound like he's about to vomit a hair ball, but he doesn't and the "gagging" only happens once (it's not continuous.) I've noticed him doing this twice now on two separate days. Any thoughts? I feel like I read in someone else's condo recently that their sugar cat was gagging, but I can't remember who it was.

Hug and head bumps :cat: Have a very happy Friday!

Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Moose slides down slowly for you today. Sending vetty vines for Bo for tomorrow.

Moose (GA) & Rae likes this.
  3. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Sometimes before a hairball is produced, Bubba will have a "dress rehearsal" so to speak with just the noise and no hairball until the next time. Since the season started to change, Bubba has had a few and hadn't since I got him on Egg Yolk Powder I called Foodfurlife the day before last and they said I can increase the dose so hoping that helps.

4. Moose (GA) & Rae

Moose (GA) & Rae Member

Ahh yes I didn't even think about the change of season affecting them in that way. I hope that increasing the dose helps Bubba with his hairballs as well! Let me know how it goes. I will look into purchasing some of that.

5. Moose (GA) & Rae

Moose (GA) & Rae Member

Question about test strips: I ordered a pack of 50 for my backup meter (Bayer Contour) because they were very cheap through a third party seller on Walmart.com ($13 for 50). I am out of strips for my Relion Confirm, and was just about to use the Bayer...but when I opened the package of strips I noticed that the expiration date was 4/2018! No wonder they were so cheap (I just ordered them in February, btw.)

Am I safe to use them through April, or do I need to throw them away immediately because they have hit their exact expiration month/year? They were previously unopened. I just did a test with one to see how close it was to the +1 test that I just got on the Relion Confirm. It was 265 on the Relion Confirm and 261 on the Bayer Contour, so the strips for the Bayer seem to be working ok.

6. Bobbie And Bubba

I think you could probably use them through April. Glad the two meters were basically the same number.

7. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I think you're okay to use them if you use them right away.

8. Moose (GA) & Rae

Moose (GA) & Rae Member

Excellent, thank you! I will continue using them and pick up some more strips for the Relion Confirm.

9. Moose (GA) & Rae

Moose (GA) & Rae Member

Great thank you so much!

10. Moose (GA) & Rae

Moose (GA) & Rae Member

So, I just realized that DBF probably fed Moose HC food for dinner last night :banghead: I had the can labeled with "HC" and had just thrown it in the fridge after I gave him some yesterday when he dived in the morning. I guess BF didn't notice the HC...and was in a rush...

Well, that may account for his higher numbers this morning as well, although I'm not sure that the HC stays in their system that long?

11. Bobbie And Bubba

It could very well be from last night's HC . It can take up to 72 hours for carbs to clear out of their systems.

12. Moose (GA) & Rae

Moose (GA) & Rae Member

Oh wow, good to know! I thought that was only the kibble that took so long to get out of their system, I didn't realize that it included the HC wet food as well. Thank you :cat:

13. Moose (GA) & Rae

Moose (GA) & Rae Member

PMPS = 145

Tune in - it's almost time for "The Moose Show"! :smuggrin:

14. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Uh oh, the Moose show! :nailbiting:

Behave now, Moose, we know you like playing with those sharks, but just wave to them from your surfboard, okay? ;)

15. Moose (GA) & Rae

Moose (GA) & Rae Member

+2 = 68

The Moose show never disappoints! Moose is already begging for food, he just ate dinner :rolleyes:

LizzieInTexas and Stacy & Asia like this.
  16. Nan & Amber (GA)

Nan & Amber (GA) Well-Known Member

17. CassAndGordy(GA)

CassAndGordy(GA) Well-Known Member

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

18. Moose (GA) & Rae

Moose (GA) & Rae Member

19. Moose (GA) & Rae

Moose (GA) & Rae Member

+3 = 45

Gave some MC + Karo

LizzieInTexas and Stacy & Asia like this.
  20. Nan & Amber (GA)

Nan & Amber (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh, Moooooooose!!!

Just checking in, and sure enough, there he goes, back in with the sharks!!!

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  21. Stacy & Asia

Moose! :facepalm:

Nan & Amber (GA) likes this.
  22. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

This thread made me laugh.

Moose, back to the lagoon please. Geesh-:D

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  23. Bobbie And Bubba

Glad you took that reduction, Rae. MOOSE!!!!!

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  24. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

I think I saw this show before....:D

Moose, I would tell you to slow down....but I know you will not listen....:rolleyes:

25. Stacy & Asia

Yep, this is definitely a rerun! :joyful:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.