4/7 Smudge AMPS 223

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Astexcat, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Astexcat

Astexcat Member

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Smudge slides down and surfs today.

3. Astexcat

Astexcat Member

This comes down to my inexperience with navigating forums. Is there a list somewhere of all the moderators for this subgroup of the forum (lantus/levemir)? I see the who's online box on the main page, but I'm not sure how to expand it to the full list instead of just the first few. I'd like to be able to more accurately try and tag moderators when I'm freaking out about a reading or dose instead of always tagging Wendy & Neko since she's been helping me the most.

Susan & Claudio and LindyNova like this.
  4. LindyNova

LindyNova Well-Known Member

Good morning & nice start for Smudge! Fingers crossed there is no bounce, which is what my Nova does when she hits the beach or anywhere close! I have a hard time getting responses in the am as well. @carfurby I appreciate your responses and encouragement to everyone who posts early in the am. You rock!

Susan & Claudio likes this.
  5. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

The moderators, Wendy, Marje and Sienne are for the whole site. If you click on their Avator you can see if they are online. There are no specific moderators for the LB &L page.
    There are other people who can help you apart from the mods. The mods are not always online. Just put a ? in your subject line if you need help and say ‘HELP’

Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
  6. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

The mods are also in different time zone. Use the question mark if you need help right away.

When I first started I asked if there was a list of people for each insulin type. I thought that would be helpful so I could tag the ones who knew that particular insulin. So many new people now it could be helpful to have.

7. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Since everyone is in different time zones, and not always online, it's best to ask for help in your subject line. I try to help in the morning when I can, but I may not always be able to depending on what is going on with work.

Susan & Claudio likes this.
  8. Astexcat

Astexcat Member

It would be helpful to have a master list of mods and/or very experienced members who can advise on dosing etc... and the topics they're most experienced with on the main page of the forum, even maybe what global time zone they're generally awake/online in.

I've tried the help/question mark in the subject line and USA Central early morning seems to have a distinct lack of available people (are we all getting ready for work?). Evening is a little better/easier to grab help.

9. Susan & Claudio

Susan & Claudio Member

Bridget,
    I'm glad you've brought that question up. As I had come across this in the past.
    If I have a question that I need answered by the morning, I will ask it the night before when I post the PMPS.
    And will ask at at AMPS if I have a question that I would like an answer for before evening PMPS.
    I have learned sometimes it may take several hours to get an answer. Hence why I ask early.
    Only once did I need an immediate answer. That was a hypo. Then I put up the 911.
    I also realize that people have lives, other obligations, etc.
    You will get an answer. Just maybe not as soon as you'd like. But you will get it.

LindyNova likes this.
  10. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

If you want to know who to ask about dosing, there are a couple things you can do. First, look at their joined date and see how long they've been around and when the cat was diagnosed. Remember, we aren't vets and there are no dosing advisors on the board, but some people are more experienced than others who are wiling to give their opinions. Second, look at their cat's spreadsheet and see it if looks like what you'd like your cats to look at. Keep in mind ECID and many cats have secondary conditions that make it harder to get a cat regulated. The very best thing to do is change the subject title to include something like "dosing help" and put a "?" prefix on the subject line. Those of use scanning the board for people who need help will look for that.

Wendy is west coast and sound asleep when you are up in the AM. :p The only time I'll be up early is when we don't have to physically distance and then I'll be on the water with no electronic devices. We have people literally all over the world who can help. Too many times I see posts where people ask questions, but only if you stumble upon it do you realize they need help. And as Bron says, the role of the moderator is to help keep the message board running smoothly. And there are more than just the three of us.