4/7 Stu AMPS 300, +9.5 264, PMPS 334, +4 305

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA), Apr 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

yesterday: viewtopic.php?p=111221#p111221

Good Morning Everyone,

Stu is fine and will get his breakfast in 4 mini meals. I'm heading out for an all-day hike with my women's hiking group, leaving Stu and DH to take care of themselves! No tests until I get home this afternoon (happy ears!). DH has all feeding instructions. Everyone have a good day!

Ella

2. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 4/7 Stu AMPS 300

Morning Stu hope your day is a good one Do Lou send a HUG :YMHUG: cat_pet_icon

3. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Ah, the boys are home alone today, eh? Well I hope Stu and DH don't make a big mess...and I hope you have a wonderful time... :mrgreen:

4. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

Have a fun day and hope Stu is finishing off his bounce.

5. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Re: 4/7 Stu AMPS 300, +9.5 264 dose advice needed

Hi again, everyone. I'm back from a wonderful day's hike along the Racquette River (fantastic rapids; river in flood stage). Everything is fine at home and the boys had a nice, relaxing day together, with no ear pokes. Stu was visited by the deer family (5 deer).

Judging from today's AMPS and +9.5, I don't think Stu cleared his rebound. I think I might go back up to 1.50 units this evening. The 1.5 u. dose never really had a chance to settle in. I would very much welcome advice and opinion on whether to hold the dose for another cycle at 1.25, or to go back up to 1.50. Many thanks!

Ella

6. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

Ella, you know I'm no advisor, but I'm glad you had a good day. I bet Stu was happy to not get his little ears poked all day. :smile:

7. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Ella
    Glad to hear you had a great time hiking while you left then men home
    alone to fend for yourself.
    What time is Stu's shot at.

I can't help with the advice but rebound can take 72 hours to clear, Stu has had
    many crazy days, going into the 20's and he did have blue on this dose yesterday.

I am sure you will get your answer before then.

8. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Thanks, Randi. Stu's shot time is 7 P.M. Eastern daylight time. (i.e., in 1 hour). (We are now at+11)

9. Randi & Max (GA)

test him again. Let see wher he is now.

10. Randi & Max (GA)

Ella
    I know your shot is in half an hour and I was hoping someone would stop by before then.
    Maybe somone will.
    Just in case no one with more experience than myself stops by within the half hour
    I wanted to tell you that if Stu was my cat, I would hold the 1.25
    Yes those freefalls could have been excess shed from the 1.75 and yes the 1.5 was not that long, I just don't see the need for the increase tonight. You had blues yesterday.

Anyone is welcome to tell me that I am wrong but safer less insulin tonight then more
    and mucking around with the dosing. If Stu will need more insulin, he will get it.

So, I don't really want to say this but just in case no on stops by in time....

11. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Hi. I was downstairs when your post came in, Randi. He is at 334 10 minutes before PMPS, so I'm calling it PMPS and I'm almost certain that I will shoot 1.5 units unless I hear otherwise. Thanks so much for your input.

Whoops, our posts crossed. Yes, you have a good point. I'll wait to see if someone else weighs in.

12. D and Noisy

D and Noisy Well-Known Member

I'm going to come back and write more but I agree with sticking with the 1.25u for another cycle or two.
    By doing that you will have a good baseline to work from because you will know for sure if it did or did not work. By not doing that you won't know and will probably have to try 1.25u again. This way saves time. Any time I could remove the possibility of having to try a dose over again I did, even when it meant I might see higher numbers.

13. D and Noisy

Re: 4/7 Stu AMPS 300, +9.5 264, PMPS 334 dose advice needed

Shoot a few minutes early if you want -- get the ball rolling.

14. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Thanks, D. You and Randi have convinced me to stick with 1.25 units. Tomorrow I'll be home to monitor and we will have a better idea of where Stu is. Your help is very much appreciated. Off now to ready the syringe for 1.25 units!

Ella

15. D and Noisy

I'm not sure if the way I wrote this makes sense.

3/4 +2 BG 39
    3/5 dose reduction from 1.75u to 1.5u
    3/5 +4 BG 38/23 < low number is likely from the 1.75u carryover
    1.5u held for two cycles -- you "might" have been able to stick with the 1.5u and ride out the carryover from the 1.75u
    4/6 AM dose reduction from 1.5u to 1.25u, saw blue likely carryover from the 1.5u cycle before it.
    4/7 AMPS 300, saw high 200s, PMPS 334, starting 3rd cycle of 1.25u. Worth sticking with 1.25u to investigate dose thoroughly.
    You have plenty of nice numbers on your SS, there is room to see if the 1.25u will do right by Stu. If it doesn't at then you will know it doesn't rather than wonder.

16. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

FWIW, I agree with D. You need to make sure the rebound cleared and there may be more than one bounce in there. You will have a better chance to monitor numbers and know what's actually happening on a day when you're around to get spot checks.

17. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Ella, they know what they are talking about and I'm always for seeing what a dose can do..You can always raise or lower as needed...
    The shed does still work after we do changes..You are doing a wonderful, wonderful Job Girl!!
    You must be in such great shape!! Hugs from Us!!! :razz: :razz: :razz:

18. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

Hi Ella and Stu! Just dropping in to see what is going on with you guys. I'm glad D and Sienna stopped by to give some insight to your dosing question.

I hope that all goes well with the 1.25 for Stu. Glad you had an enjoyable day hiking along the river. Sounds really nice. I took the drooler for a walk along the Chartiers Creek today, it was about a 3 mile hike...very nice and relaxing. Trees were beautiful...Drooler saw a deer and ended up running after it, across the creek and up the hill. She wasn't hearing "Molly, Come!" at all! She did come back tho after a few minutes. Thank Goodness!

19. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Thanks so much, D. and Sienne,(and Randi, Roni, Deb, et al.)! I posted a while ago but forgot to hit the submit button. So I just wanted you all to know that I shot the 1.25 units. Everything you say makes perfect sense, once the emotion of seeing those higher numbers wears off.

Ella

20. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Ella, I just stopped in to see how Stu and you are doing tonight :smile:
    I am flabbergasted when I read what these ladies say. I don't think I will ever learn all this. Heck, I can't remember from day to day, why my boy hikes his numbers up before pm shot. :roll:
    I hope you get to relax tonight. :smile:

21. Amy and Six

Amy and Six Well-Known Member

Hi Stu. Not nice to see you're bouncing, but glad your not throwing those crazy numbers.

Hope the 1.25 still gives him some action.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.