4/9 Merlin AMPS 426/ +7 183/ Failed Dose Reduction

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Steve & Merlin, Apr 9, 2019.

1. Steve & Merlin

Steve & Merlin Member

The lower 0.5u dose increased his BG quite a bit to the point he really felt lousy. So this morning I raised the dose back to 0.75 and his BG is now recovering nicely. If he goes back into the 30s, I will try shaving the dose back to ~0.6.

Yesterday was exciting as one of the cats caught a chipmunk on the deck and brought it into the house through the cat door. Our deck is too high for anyone to jump off so the cats are free to lounge in the sun and hang out on it all day. We haven't had a chipmunk up on it before. The uninjured "guest" proceeded to thrill everyone with it's exploits of running everywhere with everyone in hot pursuit. Chipmunks can fit into and under everything. It eventually ran out the front door into the woodpile after over a half hour of cat chaos. Then we had completely hyper cats for hours. My wife was done with the cats completely by this point and went shopping. They were running all over following the old scent trails and poking into all the nooks and crannies just to be sure the chipmunk wasn't still around inside. If one cat acted excited suddenly, the others would run over to get in on the action. They were faking each other out. Today the rain is keeping everyone inside.

Previous Post: http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/4-7-merlin-amps-275-3-221-6-176-pmps-274.212941/

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  2. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Hi Steve. Looks like the reduction wasn't cutting in. You were one cycle shy of waiting out the bounce, but as much as you test, I would have taken the dose up too after today's red start. Hope the .75 dose brings him back to some nicer safer numbers that he can spend some time hanging in.

What excitement with the chipmunk! Once, we had a squirrel in the house and a bat. That was real fun! My Sug, GA, we called Squirrel Girl and Bat Cat for a while after each episode. She went crazy!

Sonia & Leo likes this.