4 yrs diabetic needs glucose meter reccomendation

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by yygms1978, Apr 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yygms1978

yygms1978 Member

Hello,

I am new to this forum. Cody my cat has had diabetes for 4 years now. I have spent money out the wazoo on testing over the years. I have yet to buy my own glucose tester. I am looking for reccommendations. Please be specific and tell me what exactly I need and where my best bet would be to buy. Also, I spend about 40 dollars every 40 days on perscription syringes through my pharmacy. I am wondering if there is a site on the internet to purchase from that is cheaper? anything you have to offer would b greatly appreciated! Thank you!

2. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

A popular meter with relatively inexpensive strips is the
    Walmart ReliOn Confirm or Confirm Micro, also sold as the Glucocard 01 or 01 Mini from American Diabetes Warehouse
    http://www.adwdiabetes.com/product/arkray-glucocard-01-blood-glucose-monitoring-kit_4045_123.htm
    You will need lancets to poke the ear. Ones advertised for human alternate site testing are best since they have a larger diameter. You do not want the thin ultra thin lancets. You want ones with 25-27 gauge. The higher the gauge number the thiner the lancet.
    That place also sells reasonably priced syringes.

3. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

You can also purchase syringes at Wal-Mart. Check if your state requires a script for syringes.

4. Anitafrnhamer

Anitafrnhamer Member

I have a meter and lancets if you would like them. Just pm me your address and I'll pop them in the mail.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.