423 before injection, +2h 473

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Lilian, Mar 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lilian

Lilian Member

Hello!

I would really appreciate if someone could have a look at Sassu's levels. It was 423 before the injection. +2h it was 473. I have also filled Labs page.

Thank you in advance!

2. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

I just now answered on your other thread, but am glad you started a new thread for today. I tagged Marje to look at Sassu's labs as well.

3. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Hi and welcome to FDMB.

I've looked at Sassu's labs and they are definitely interesting. His creatinine and phosphorus are really low. Low creatinine can be due to malnourishment. Low phosphorus can be due to fatty liver disease and his liver enzymes are up just a tiny bit but not significant at all. The thing that really is odd is his hemoglobin indicates he is anemic but the hematocrit is normal. This could be because he has an iron deficiency. The MCH and MCV being low and reticulocytes and RDW high also indicate he's got anemia and likely iron deficiency.

The hemoglobin, MCV, and MCH can also be low if there is sudden blood loss. I'm thinking that isn't happening, right? Are his stools a normal color and consistency or are they dark like tar?

I am just surprised your vet thinks his labs look ok. You should talk to her about iron deficient anemia. It could also be used by intestinal issues and malabsorption.

4. Lilian

Lilian Member

Hello!
    Finally someone has had a look at my cat's labs! Two vets have had a look at them and they said those results are perfectly fine, nothing to worry about. My cat's vet has also said that one should not inject into the fat and she has said that glucose 437 is good for a cat. I am going to change the vet today. I had a look at the stools. I have 2 cats. Some stools were in two colors (beige and brown mixed), then just dark brown and one was even darker than dark brown. I have seen really really dark brown (if not black) quite some time (I do not remember when I started seeing it, anyway it is definitely not recently, he has had diabetes for at least 6 months before being diagnosed). One more weird thing (I have not talked about it) is that before being diagnosed he started to have his stools kind of clued to his bottom so if he would finish then he would still have stools hanging and then he tried to get them off. He did not have this in his previous years.But this problem has disappeared after insulin treatment. And his fur had started to look quite bad. And one more thing (which has probably nothing to do with it) - he has had watery eyes for years. Sometimes it gets worse then back to normal again. Is there anything I could feed my cat or buy from the chemist to put some iron in him? Beef?

5. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

I don't know anything about supplements, but I think before you start anything I would find a new vet as soon as you can (as you already said) and speak to them first,after they have looked at the BW results they may want to do further tests and perhaps they can recommend a good supplement for Sassu.
    I'm sorry that you haven't had much luck with the existing vet.:bighug::bighug::bighug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.