5/10 MOUSE AMPS182 PMPS 233 glucose toxicity

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Mouse & Me, May 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mouse & Me

Mouse & Me Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...s-56-1-66-2-85-3-101-glucose-toxicity.195335/
    I gave in, and gave her about a dozen pieces of kibble at 3am. I had an eye injury - hard to stay awake with one eye closed....so, I gave her a little HC, expecting much higher numbers this morning.

Instead, 182, not bad, considering last night. Her coat is beautifully smooth, her ear, that's usually scarred on the edge is flat, with white residue on the tip of her ear, as if her scarring leaked during the night. So odd, but I'm not worried about it, happy that it feels normal again.

I don't feel comfortable with 2.5 this morning. Last night, she had 1.5 units, and did extremely well. I think she should have a lower dose, but not sure where?

2. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

No worries about the kibble, it was a good way to keep her safe, we all need sleep. She has not officially earned a reduction, if you are doing the 3 under 50. Last night’s cycle was not reflective of the 1.5 unit dose, although I understand why you may think that. Because of the depot, last night’s cycle may have been just like if you shot 2.5 units anyway. Because of the reduced dose last night, it has messed with the depot and subsequent cycles will be affected (possibly with higher BG) for 6 more cycles until the depot refills.

I would hold the dose until she earns a reduction, she’s looking really good! If you are really uncomfortable and want to try a reduction, shoot 2.25 and see if it holds, just be prepared to take it right back up if it looks like it’s not working out because you’ve worked so hard to break this glucose toxicity, I wouldn’t want you to lose the momentum.

3. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

What did you end up deciding?

4. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I agree with Stacy fwiw. @Stacy & Asia looks like she gave 2.5 according to the ss.

5. Mouse & Me

Mouse & Me Member

I went with 2.25 in the morning, a mistake, because she's into her bounce now.

6. Mouse & Me

Mouse & Me Member

I corrected the chart - I gave 2.25 in the morning. 2.5 will be done tonight.
    No more panicking, no more wishy-washy decisions. Promise

7. Mouse & Me

Mouse & Me Member

Since her numbers went up somewhat high,(going down, then up again), and I didn't notice her going to the water bowl, I gave her a syringe of water. Better to be sure than guess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.