5/12 Meme AMPS 211 +6 230, PMPS 271 ( 3 days to go with ear med & numbers still high!!!)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by rawia, May 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rawia

rawia Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...ection-steroid-treatment.195345/#post-2187858

Meme’s ear looks much better and we still have 3 more days with the treatments. Her numbers are jumbing like crazy and i am just start to freaking out. The 0.5 increasments seems do nothing and the vet told me not to shock her bady with high dose as this is a temporary situation. I just do not feel ok with her numbers going up to 300’s on AT.:(

I am counting the days to finish this tratment and i thought even after sropping the treatment the numbers will be high for a while??

2. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

I don’t have experience with steroids, but my understanding is that you would increase the dose and work around the steroids, until such time as the treatment is over and it becomes a non issue regarding her BG.

Bumping for you. :bighug:

3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I would increase the dose to 0.75 units to try and bring her numbers down. You have to be a little aggressive with the steroids in the picture. Just keep in mind once you finish the ear medicine, her numbers could come back down fast. However, you may need to increase her dose again and work you way back down afterwards.

Stacy & Asia likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.