5/13 Gordy AMBG 110 (NS) | PMPS 436, +3.5=388

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by CassAndGordy(GA), May 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CassAndGordy(GA)

CassAndGordy(GA) Well-Known Member

2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

See if the vet has a Snap fPLI available otherwise, they will have to send out blood to run the fPLI to diagnose pancreatitis. I]m also wondering whether both cats have some kind of GI thing going on from your description of the foul smelling bowel movement.

Have you been supplementing with dry food before the poo issue? If you've been keeping a bag of dry around for any length of time, the stuff can go rancid due to the amount of fat in most dry food. Likewise, dry food is more prone to salmonella contamination than canned.

CassAndGordy(GA) likes this.
  3. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

Keep us posted! Sending appy and vetty fines for Gordy and Rex :bighug::bighug::bighug:

4. CassAndGordy(GA)

Ill definitely ask about the Snap - I am sure theyll want to run some blood work either way.

Gordy only ever gets the dry if I need to guarantee him to eat and hold down carbs - since the stuff I have for Rex was like 38% despite being a well made kibble (Instincts limited ingredient). (Pretty much after scarf n' barfs.) I recently changed hers, but I tried to make it a nice transition. She went off food a little before Gordy, so i thought maybe she was rejecting the new stuff. But now I am not so sure...

The kibble Gordy has been given for this epsiode is a new bag that I just opened on Friday, after his appetite started failing.

The GI thing is on my mind, since it is in both kitties.

Ill keep y'all posted.

5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

6. CassAndGordy(GA)

Ok. It was a long wait since I was a walk in.... but its a long wait even when I have an appointment. :rolleyes:

Due to the fact both cats are having the same issue (and the fact that Gordy is hard to handle at the vet's without sedation) they didnt run any tests today. The vet looked at his numbers and said chance of DKA is low, especially since he hasn't had any issues in the past. P-titis could still be it, but I have a hard time thinking it could be affecting both.

We're gonna try cerenia and cypro (i got enough to do both cats) and she gave me some Sucralfate to help the stomach lining. (I actually take this every night, but wasn't sure what my dosage is, so i didnt take the chance of saying I gave it at home .... yup, same strength. So I paid $15 for 10 pills I already have lol)

They pretty much said if this doesnt help kick it, that ill need to go back. (And if I do and they both still have symptoms .... Im taking Rex instead lol)

Last edited: May 13, 2018
  7. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Vines for your wallet, Cass! :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

I would think it’s something going around if they both have it too. Hopefully the meds will do the trick. Feel better boys! :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

8. CassAndGordy(GA)

PMPS 436

*whistles* man I hate reds after a No Shoot.

He is nibbling here and there. I just called my losses and gave him kibble for his dinner, that way he can just get back to it whenever he feels like it. He got the cerenia, but it was pretty hard to pill him, so not cypro yet.

Rex got both, but hasn't had any changes. Hopefully she picks up soon. =/

9. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

What a mystery! I can't help to think that it's some sort of virus since both cats are effected. Besides not eating, any other symptoms? Vomiting or diarrhea? Once both my cats had vomiting and diarrhea and it was from a dry food, high fiber for weight loss as per the vet. It had corn in it and made them both sick. That was pre- diabetes days.

10. CassAndGordy(GA)

Only one small occurrence of vomit and it was acid tummy. I know Gordy had some well formed (and rankkkk) poop yesterday.

Yes. Very mysterious.

11. CassAndGordy(GA)

+3.5=388

Coming back down, pretty expected.

He is eating more kibble! Rex picked at her's a bit too.

If the appetite is more prevalent tomorrow, I'll try and re-weene him off the dry crack some lol. But right now, its more important that he eats.

12. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

It’s not food if they don’t eat it so I agree let him eat whatever he will. Doodles was on sulfracate for a while too so hope it helps. Sending feel better and appy vines for both your babies

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.