5/13 Yoyo ,+9 61,+9.5 44, I+10 47,+10.75 60,+11 68,+11.75 69,+13 80,PMPS 83,+1 191,+2 261,+3 220

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Debra and Yoyo, May 13, 2019.

1. Debra and Yoyo

Debra and Yoyo Well-Known Member

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Yoyo slides down and gives you more green today.

3. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Bring it on down Yoyo

4. Jill & Scooter

Jill & Scooter Well-Known Member

Yes, lets see some green Yoyo!

5. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

Go for green Yoyo!!! Have a great Monday Debra! :)

6. Debra and Yoyo

Hi Sonia.... Leo looks good on this dose. Surf safely Leo :D:D

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  7. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

Yoyo please, no more pinks :facepalm: ! Try to give us some nice blues and greens! :cool::D:D

Debra and Yoyo likes this.
  8. Debra and Yoyo

Everytime I look at Scooter's SS I am so impressed. It is so nice not to see bouncing. Surf safely Scooter:D:D:D

9. Debra and Yoyo

Nice start this morning, surf safely Ti-Mousse:bighug:

10. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Ha!!!! Just when I was about to suggest tweaking the dose!!! Good thing you brought it down to green, Yoyo!!!

Debra...let’s continue to watch him on this dose for another cycle or two. I’m sure you are happy with the nadirs and they are good. But there’s some potential that we can minimize the bouncing a bit more if we nudge the dose to 2.5u. However, if you are ok with it, we can leave the dose a few more cycles and see if the more green he gets, the more green he will get. If that makes sense :p

11. Debra and Yoyo

Hi Marje, Perfect timing.....I gave him 1.5 teaspoons of HC because he went down to 49. Not sure if this was right or if I should have given MC but I don't like it when he is below 50. Let me know your thoughts on what I should have fed. I didn't think he would drop so low so late in the cycle, but once again surprise surprise surprise!
    Hope all is well on your end and that you are still enjoying and relaxing.

12. Debra and Yoyo

Now worried....he dropped to 44.
    Going to give MORE HC

13. Marje and Gracie

He’s clearing a bounce so he’s going to be active even later in the cycle. You did fine. Lather, rinse, repeat.

In other words, after the HC you gave, retest in 30 minutes. If he’s still low, repeat. It don’t overdo the HC this late in the cycle or you’ll send him skyrocketing. Try alternating a bit of gravy with a bit of food.

And 49 and 44 are the same number.

I’ll check back in 15 mins to see where he is since it’s been 12 since you last posted.

14. Marje and Gracie

Just saw the 56. I wouldn’t give any more HC. Stick with LC now. You can feed him a little LC if you haven’t already just so we can keep that 56 going up. Retest 30 mins after you fed.

You will need to stay on top of testing to be sure he doesn’t drop back down after the HC wears off.

If you are on board, I’d like to try the 3 drops between 40-50 on separate days before we reduce so we can start seeing more green. What do you think?

15. Debra and Yoyo

I feel soooo much better since he went up. FEAR is a terrible thing....I always think the worse!!

I am on board with the 3 drops before we reduce him, I just don't want to Increase his dose as you mentioned about an hour ago. That would alarm me because of his low numbers.

My not understanding that after a bounce - he can drop way into the cycle leaves me always learning. I didn't understand why he dropped so late at +4. And then kept dropping. I thought the +4 would be the low point for the day and that after I fed him that he would go up. Nope, he went down some more.

Thank you for letting me know that I should feed him LC now. I needed to know that....thank you!!!

Marje and Gracie likes this.
  16. Marje and Gracie

Remember when we discussed the two types of dropping numbers: Bounce clearing vs second dip?

In that post, I explained that with a bounce clearing, numbers will drop from one PS to the next so the lowest number is often at the next shot time if you don’t intervene. That’s what happened today. Whenever a bounce is clearing, it pays to be lots more vigilant on the testing. He had some significant drops between AMPS and +2 and +2 and +4. That was a signal it would be an active cycle ;):)

I’m out the door in a few but I will provide some info later on how to flatten this kind of cycle out so you don’t end up with low numbers at PMPS. Or how to try and flatten it;)

17. Debra and Yoyo

I feel soooo much better since he went up. FEAR is a terrible thing....I always think the worse!!

I am on board with the 3 drops before we reduce him, I just don't want to Increase his dose as you mentioned about an hour ago. That would alarm me because of his low numbers.

My not understanding that after a bounce - he can drop way into the cycle leaves me always learning. I didn't understand why he dropped so late at +4. And then kept dropping. I thought the +4 would be the low point for the day and that after I fed him that he would go up. Nope, he went down some more.

Thank you for letting me know that I should feed him LC now. I needed to know that....thank you!!!

18. Debra and Yoyo

Ok..thank you!!:bighug:

19. Debra and Yoyo

I don't know what to do....he is still low after feeding HC@+9.5....he is 47@+10....do I feed him more food....I won't be able to test at pmps cause not a two hour delay

20. Marje and Gracie

Feed him. It’s ok. I would give him LC, though. Retest in 30.

Sorry...I had an appt.

21. Debra and Yoyo

:)
    I did refeed him, I gave him about 1 teaspoon LC and put HC Gravy on it and then had him lick more gravy from my finger.
    I don't know if I can give him insulin tonight, besides he is low, he has to be soooo full of food. I don't know if he will eat his 1/2can(3oz) of food at PS time. PS time would have to be later than normal also. Any advice is appreciated:)

22. Marje and Gracie

I know I was late getting to you but any time we are late in the cycle, you don’t want to give HC at all because it does then make it harder to shoot on time. LC close to +10 is not likely to give a food spike.

Let’s see where he is. You gave the gravy at +10? Are you more worried that he won’t eat tonight if you shoot?

Boy those dose increase threats work just about every time!

23. Debra and Yoyo

I gave him gravy with LC @+10, he was so low at 47.
    I fear he won't eat and I fear that he will drop again if I give him his insulin dose. Plus he is still low, just tested and he is now @+10.75 60. That may be a food spike too.

24. Debra and Yoyo

I am sorry that I posted so often and I do thank you for being here.
    And please don't apologize for being late, anytime you answer is a blessing. You are on vacation and I butted into your time, I apologize to you:bighug:

25. Debra and Yoyo

Do I feed him more or wait 30 minutes from his +10.75?

26. Marje and Gracie

No apology necessary! I’m actually at home for a bit before I head out to TX so you aren’t interrupting anything at all and I’ve been keeping an eye on Biscuits today, too. I just had a quick meeting when Yoyo decided to drop.

I wouldn’t feed any more. Let’s see where he is in a bit; you might want to test at +11.75 so we can make a plan. :)

I’m thinking that’s in another 30 mins?

27. Debra and Yoyo

+11.75 will be in about 15 minutes from now.

28. Marje and Gracie

I’ll be here.

29. Debra and Yoyo

It's me againo_O....69@+11.75

30. Debra and Yoyo

Last fed LC with HC Gravy at 5:06pm(about 13/4hours ago)

31. Debra and Yoyo

thats 1 hour 45 minutes go

32. Marje and Gracie

So how are you feeling about it? This is a shootable number. I can’t promise you he won’t drop back down but if you shoot, you can then give him some MC if you wish.

The goal of TR is green green green. However, you are there with him and he might be tired of the pokes. You will also need to be sure he will eat.

He could also bounce back up; I can’t predict where he’s headed.

33. Debra and Yoyo

How about I wait another hour and see where his numbers are. By then the food spike should be gone, I would think, and I can then give him his dosage feeling better. I know he may not be green, but I will feel better and safer. Also, I really don't think he will eat. I'm afraid to get him sick and he starts to vomit. So maybe I can shoot 2 hours late, like I did last week. What do you think?

34. Marje and Gracie

It’s reasonable to see where he is in an hour. If he’s started way up, you might not want to wait two hours. Let’s play that by ear.

See you in an hour.

35. Debra and Yoyo

Ok...sounds good

36. Debra and Yoyo

80@+13
    I know that is a safe number. Fear now is what if he drops again! What if I can't bring his number up?! Please tell me what the insulin will do now...do you think his dose of insulin is too much for him?

37. Marje and Gracie

I just saw the +13. I’m going to recommend you shoot the 2.37u now. He looks like he’s on the way up for now. Of course, when he onsets, he could come back down which would indicate the insulin dose is working well for him.

When we stall, we don’t generally shoot a BCS dose.

38. Debra and Yoyo

What food should I feed...mc or HC?

39. Marje and Gracie

See above post 37.

I can’t tell you what the insulin will do this cycle. He could be starting a bounce or, it could do what we want it to do....give him another green cycle. Could he drop into the 40s again...yes. But you’ve got gravy and syrup/honey. And testing.

I don’t think this dose is too high right now. Look back at the 2.25u dose when he dropped in the 40s for a cycle. Then we ended up increasing the dose. Look at Ravan’s SS. He’s been in the 40s twice on his current dose but it’s a good dose for him right now. In fact, if he keeps trending up into high blue, she might need to add some fat to the dose.

40. Marje and Gracie

If it were me, I’d feed LC and test at +1. If 80 is really worrying you, you could feed MC but if he’s on his way up, it could put him higher than we might want.

I would not normally recommend LC on a rising number of 80 but I want you to not be super scared the next hour.

41. Marje and Gracie

Hubby and I have to get our walk in so I’ll check back in about 45 minutes. Sorry I couldn’t wait longer.

42. Marje and Gracie

I see he’s going up. If he’s high yellow at +11 in the morning, you could shoot then to make up time.

Night!