5/14 Silver AMPS 97 PMPS 248 +4=335 Nasty Pink :-(

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Juliet, May 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juliet

Juliet Guest

Yesterday

Didn't give a shot as low green and I am heading out for work. If I were home I would have given him 2u as I did last night and he likely would be safe if I did shoot 2u but I am not taking that risk.

Can't seem to find a dose I can shoot twice a day right now - technically he has not earned a reduction today.

LuanneP likes this.
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I don't blame you for skipping. You have to keep Silver safe. It looks like he is just going to keep zooming down the dosing scale and not follow the rules now that his infection is cleared up. Under those circumstances, you just have to go with your gut and keep him safe.

3. Sandy and Black Kitty

Sandy and Black Kitty Well-Known Member

Good call to skip.

Keep in mind that along with dipping below a certain BG (90 for SLGS; 50 for TR) another signal to reduce is if you have to constantly struggle hard to keep BG from dipping into the danger zone.

What is happening recently in this condo illustrates why treating FD has come to be known as the “Sugar Dance” and how important it is to remember that kitty always leads and the steps can change, sometimes dramatically.

It’s also an example of how what may have applied 2 weeks ago is now clearly ancient history.

Go team Silver!!! :cool:

Juliet and Kris & Teasel like this.
  4. Juliet

Juliet Guest

Yup. He is definitely calling the shots. I decided last night I wouldn't shoot below 8 and leave for the day I have before - but things have changed and he doesn't food spike as high.

5. Sandy and Black Kitty

Sandy and Black Kitty Well-Known Member

6. Juliet

Juliet Guest

Guess I should have shot after all as we are in yellows. At least a token dose. I almost did. I will tomorrow.

7. Juliet

Juliet Guest

Silver is completely oblivious to the fact I was reading what he's sitting on! Dunno why cats are soooo helpful!
    52B95E28-497A-42D1-9D79-BE421E962816.jpeg

8. HWright

HWright Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Juliet likes this.
  9. Juliet

Juliet Guest

Hate these highs - so I should have shot this morning after all.....yet my gut said no.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.