5/15 George ambg 90 DENTAL +19 371 +21 279 PMPS109 +1 75

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Gill & George, May 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

Yesterday

Hello all
    Firstly I'd like to thank you all for your vines prayers and words of comfort, I felt you were all standing by me as I took BFG in for his dental. Leaving him with Dr M I felt calmer than I expected, he was calm, matter of fact, he said he was going to remove what he could, he didn't want to keep him under for too long, when we went to pick him up he told us he'd kept a couple of molars on each side and he thinks 2 of those will need to come out in due course, but by this point he'd been under for quite a while and the decision was made to leave those for another day. I'm OK with that. He started by tackling the worst ones first so the ones giving him real bother have gone, and he has had an all over clean.

George was awake, but saucer eyed when we went for him, he was calm on the ride home and stood by his dish waiting for food, no sooner had he got through the door, I fed him small portions at hourly intervals to avoid him scarfing and barfing. CPC on all his snacks, had to encourage a wee bit when it came to his pmps meal but he has eaten that.

BG was pink, when I got home, yuck, dropped to yellow two hours later, gave us a blue pmps, dropping fast into +1, so I've decided to skip yoga and stay home. Just off to get his +2

So glad that is over with. I hope the next few days go without too many hitches.

Vines and Prayers to all those kitties in need.

2. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

He wasted no time getting right back to business BG wise (and food wise :joyful: ). Vines for a super speedy recovery. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Gill & George likes this.
  3. Gill & George

85@+2

He is still not going far from his bowl and water, I keep putting him on his bed and he gets up and goes and lies down next to his water fountain and food bowl.
    He seems comfortable, and at least now he's not resting with his chin on the bowl getting his face wet:rolleyes:. Perhaps he was feeling dehydrated after his procedure? He didn't pee till about 6pm, feel happier now I know his plumbing is working. Hopefully by bedtime he will have moved across the kitchen onto his bed.

I've added plenty of water to all his snacks to try and make sure he gets all the water he needs.

I know I was pretty spaced out when given morphine following knee surgery so imagine he's feeling the same, he doesn't seem unhappy, he looks up at me and rubs his head against my hand if I pet him (he hasn't been doing that for some time).

4. HWright

HWright Well-Known Member

Whew! He sure is making a great recovery! Yay!❤️

5. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

That's awesome. It's amazing how much better they feel as soon as the bad teeth come out.

6. Shoeskitty-GA

Shoeskitty-GA Well-Known Member

Glad to read this update!!!

7. Gill & George

+5 111

This bean is off to bed.

Note nite, and thanks again for stopping by.

8. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

9. HWright

HWright Well-Known Member

As my Danish grandmother used to say, when tucking me into bed with a nighty night hug, “godnat og sov godt.”❤️

10. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad George is home and wanting loving. Sending more prayers for a quick recovery.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.