? 5/15 Tigger AMPS 355

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by JenniferF, May 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JenniferF

JenniferF Member

last thread

I increased his dose to 1.5u. His BG's were staying high and his urine started to smell really strong like ammonia. I finally got to test for urine ketones and they were negative but interesting the strip has both glucose and ketones and the glucose color changed to the 500 mark. Is that normal for the urine to show higher than the blood? I'm using relion prime meter for testing.

2. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

Sorry I can't answer your question...don't have any experience with the urine glucose strips. Sending vines he comes down soon and becomes a little less bouncy.

3. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

I don't have any personal experience with them either, but my understanding is that the urine glucose is showing what the blood glucose was hours earlier. Urine takes a while to collect in the body. Blood tests are current. So I'd think it meant that his BGs were higher several hours before you got the urine test. I wouldn't put too much weight on it and primarily consider the blood tests as your source.

Nice to see that blue 141 last night. That was a drop of almost 200 points from pmps. If you notice that he typically is dropping fairly fast, you might try breaking up his meal and feeding some of it at +1 and +2 to slow him down.

JenniferF likes this.
  4. JenniferF

JenniferF Member

I think that's the reason now that you say it. The urine takes longer.

I've been trying to feed him more times during the day but he's a weird eater. Sometimes I have to sit with him for 20min before he will start eating and I don't always have the time to do that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.