5.16 Noodle - (AM)+2 265 (Pic included!)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Patricia & Noodle, May 16, 2020.

1. Patricia & Noodle

Patricia & Noodle Well-Known Member

Homecoming condo!!

Thanks to everyone for the kind words and vines yesterday! Mama didn’t sleep much last night, but overall she seems to be doing quite well. She is cleaning herself up and seems to be relaxing now that I’ve moved the barriers I had up for kitty jail. The only thing she’s “jumping” on is a daybed in the living from that’s about a foot high (lower than knee height). Still need to keep an eye on her though, she’s feisty!

She’s still eating like a champ, but is not happy about getting her BG checked. I shaved her dose by a drop this morning for a “vacation dose” and will test her throughout the day when she’s relaxed, but won’t force it if she starts to fight me. That may be my strategy the next couple days until she is less painful, we’ll see what she allows.

I’m going to call the vet to see if her coming up on the daybed is an issue and if so, I’ll get her the playpen you recommended @Sue and Luci !

@Olive & Paula I did get her a surgical suit! She is in one that the Vet sent home with her that is quite a bit looser but does leave some of the incision exposed. She is fighting me something fierce on the longer one.

2. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

I'm so happy to hear that she's cleaning herself and eating and relaxing, those are very positive things. Sending a ton more healing vines to her and hugs to her wonderful Mama Bean. She's very lucky to have you. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Patricia & Noodle likes this.
  3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

It sounds like she's doing really well. It's great to hear she is eating, washing and relaxing. Sending more prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Patricia & Noodle likes this.
  4. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

I had to back off a bit on the testing when Luci broke her foot. I could tell she was in pain when I had to pick her up and set her on the testing towel...she'd growl at me...very unlike her to do that...so I pulled back a bit on the dose so that we didn't have to test so much...she did fine...and she needed her rest. Poor thing...if I had a broken foot I wouldn't want to be messed with much either...I could tell she just wanted to be left alone...so I tried to comply as much as possible....

Healing her surgical wounds comes first right now...her numbers may not be anywhere ideal but she may be in pain and she will heal quickly if left to her own devices...just give her a few days to settle into the routine and if you need to cut the dose a little to allow for less testing right now, then so be it...

Hope she feels better soon!

5. Patricia & Noodle

Patricia & Noodle Well-Known Member

@Sue and Luci She was so angry with me tonight I kept the skinny dose and gave up! I keep having to stop her from biting her stitches (cone not here yet and she’s too painful to put the longer onesie on) and I don't have the heart to fight her more. She’s eating, it’s a lower dose, we’ll be ok for a few days!

I’m being rewarded for giving up with some snuggles so I think it was worth it for now. :)
    CDC6093D-B4B7-41AB-AA4E-831EBABD8D5A.jpeg