5/18 George amps 109 +2.5 173(yuck!) +5 86 +8 80 PMPS 103 +3 171 +5 135

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Gill & George, May 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

Yesterday

Afternoon all,

Better start bg wise this morning with a 109. I was hoping he would stay flat, but he was up significantly @ +2.5, then back to green by +5, still surfing at +8. The +2.5 could of course be food spike combined with a little discomfort from eating. He ate well this morning didn't have to spoon feed, and he was mewing and getting impatient for his breakfast while I prepared it. I don't like those high blues, would be nice for him to flatten out.

He is getting very suspicious of me when he is eating, not liking me giving the insulin he starts squirming away the minute I tent the skin, and mouths me in a warning to leave him be. Shot itself didn't seem to hurt.

He was more himself this morning, got a purr and head rub from him, and he went over to DH for a good morning scritch.

Today I reduce the pain med from 0.5 to 0.4 for a couple days, and will reassess after that, plan is to reduce to 0.3 hold for a couple of days and then 0.2 for a couple of days 0.1 for two days and then nothing. Depending on how he is doing we may need to rethink that. I know he needs them, but I don't want to keep him on them longer than I have to.

Late posting, been busy in the garden this morning, before it got to hot. Some pruning and planted up a flower bed with Felicia, Osteospermum, Euryops. They all do well in our soil and climate and should give us lovely displays of daisy like flowers for much of the year. Can't wait for them to fill out and put on a display, it's started raining now so they should get a good watering in.

Tomorrow DH and I are heading off early into town, hair cuts and shopping for our vacation, then in the evening it will be movie night, watching Blade Runner 2049, so I don't envisage being on the board.
    I'm going to leave BFG with his autofeeder, I hope he will eat, he always has in the past. He will get his +2 snack before we leave, and I'll have the other open at +5.

Vines and Prayers for all those kitties and beans in need
    :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

There's only two of us too, though I give our elderly neighbours any surplus, and try and preserve as much as I can. The growing season is really long here we have lots of sunshine and a decent well, as long as we water everything seems to grow really well (except the rhubarb, it's a bit hot for it). Asparagus can take 2 to 3 years to get well established, did you not plant it last year? or was that Bobbie? I hope it comes back for you. Sending growing vines for your pickles. Melons and Pumpkin were difficult for me in the UK, our summers were often not warm enough for the flowers to set and fruit ripen.

LOL our Danish friends try to get us to say this, it's a little tricky:joyful:

HWright likes this.
  2. HWright

HWright Well-Known Member

Yes, it is a mouthful to pronounce! But delicious!
    Vines for George to have a better day today and for you both to enjoy your garden❤️

Gill & George likes this.
  3. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

That sounds like a good plan on the pain meds, hope it works out well. Eat your food George!

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice to see George get back to green. I hope he continues to feel better. Sending prayers.

5. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

That's what I think too.

Hopefully, the healing will be complete and he'll get more comfortable.

Your flower plantings sounds so pretty. And to have them in bloom for so long must be nice.

6. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

Well we are ending the day on blue, you need to do better BFG.
    I wish we were seeing more green, if for no other reason than it would vonfcon infection/inflammation/pain is out of the picture.

He's had abreasoa rea day today, he seems to be sleeping comfortably, we've had some purrs of him and was eager for his dinner and snacks at +3.

Time for bed.

Sleep tight kitties and stay safe

HWright likes this.
  7. HWright

HWright Well-Known Member

Nighty nite and good night sleep, Gill and BFG!

8. Kathy and TiTi

Kathy and TiTi Well-Known Member

Hope George ate. Chow down, George.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.