5/18 Zoey PMPS 87, +2 97, +4 92

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Emily and Baby, May 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emily and Baby

Emily and Baby Member

Good morning LL!

Yesterday's Condo

Looks like the kitties and I were tired this morning! I went back to bed after giving Zo his shot and slept until +4! Whoops! Zoey was a little in the blue this morning, but not bad! He's back to 77 at +4 which has been a very common place for him to be at +4 and +5!

Marje - I saw your post this morning about feeding a small meal at +9/10 for cats on the verge of remission to bring down the blue PS numbers so I will be trying that this afternoon to see what happens! Thanks for the advice!

Thanks again to everyone for offering support and advice! Have a fabulous Caturday!!!!!! Healing vines to any in need!

2. Josie & Ripley (GA)

Josie & Ripley (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 5/18 Zoey AMPS 103, +4 77

The start of your morning sounds similar to mine! During my btb I slept so soundly and had weird dreams...
    Zo-Bear is looking so good!!

I hope you and your troupe are having a great holiday weekend!

3. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Happy Caturday, Emily! Zoey is doing great! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Paws crossed. I read Zoey's profile. I love the pictures, especially the one of the three boys in a row. :D We love Harry Potter too. I'm sure Ryan would love Gryffin's name and sharing a birthday with him.
    Liz

4. Doreen and PeePee

Doreen and PeePee Member

Zoey is doing so great. Paws crossed here too. You go Zoey!

Have a great weekend!

5. Emily and Baby

Emily and Baby Member

Re: 5/18 Zoey PMPS 87

Good evening! Looks like Zoey is trying to indicate he is ready for an OTJ trial!!! In the green right off tonight!!!! I think Marje's suggestion of a +9/10 mini-meal helped him a lot!! Thanks again Marje!!! Tomorrow will be his two month anniversary since he was diagnosed, and just under 8 weeks of being on Lantus!

Josie - Glad you got back to sleep, but sorry to hear about weird dreams! I had a couple wacky ones myself last night! Over active imaginations I suppose!

Liz - That is my favourite picture too! I was so surprised when I looked out my moms kitchen window and they were all perched there together looking out to the backyard! I grabbed a camera and tapped the glass and the all turned and looked so I got a quick picture through the screen. The all love each other :) Gryffin will be 10 on May 31st and 10 years since I lost my high school love, its so hard to believe! Time can go so slow and yet so quickly at times!

Doreen - Thanks Doreen! Zoey has heard all the cheering for him and given a very nice green PS number!! Woo hoo!!!

6. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Nice!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Paws crossed. Whiskers crossed. Fingers too. :lol: :lol:
    Liz

7. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Looks great!!!

I'm thinking, barring any anomaly (anti jinx), that Zoe Bear is ready for an OTJ trial!!! Here are the instructions:

• Test at your normal AMPS and PMPS times. Feed multiple small meals throughout the day as much as possible (small meals are less likely to overwhelm a newly functioning pancreas).

• If he is green at your normal test times, no need to test further until the next "PS" time, just feed small meals and go about your day. If he is blue, feed a small meal and test again after about 3 hours. If his number is lower 3-4 hours after a meal, then his pancreas is working!

• If all goes well, after 14 days, we have a party!

Sometimes the trial doesn't work the first time and we have to give a little more support in the form of resuming insulin. It's not the end of the world if that happens, we just give him the support he needs. Our goal is a strong remission and it's better to take our time to get that than to rush into remission just to have it fail later on.

You might want to keep up with the +9/+10 snack and see if we can keep him totally green! Congratulations and good luck!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

8. Emily and Baby

Emily and Baby Member

WOO HOO!!!! Thanks Marje!!!!! Paws crossed that he has a smooth night and a good trial!!!! Would he go back on insulin if his numbers go above 120 once, or a couple times?

Hoping for greens as far as the eye can see!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

9. TheBowHuntress

TheBowHuntress Well-Known Member

Oh me Oh my!!!! Is Zoey going to join Gobbles in Trial Land??? His numbers are just awesome!!!

10. Emily and Baby

Emily and Baby Member

I think he might be Kat!!! Paws crossed for successful trials for both of our Sugar Kitties!!!!!!!!

11. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

WOOT WOOT!!! I LOVE trials! Go Zoey! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: What a great way to celebrate a holiday weekend.

Emily, I've seen cats on trials go above 120 once or twice. As long as it doesn't become a habit. :lol: As the instructions say, if Zoey is blue at PS, feed and test again 3-4 hours later to see if the pancreas is doing his job. And I've also seen cats have to go back on a drop of insulin for a little while then have a successful trial.

12. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

Hey Zoey! Only 14 days with those nice low greens and you can join Wink and the other kitties at the falls.

13. Josie & Ripley (GA)

Josie & Ripley (GA) Well-Known Member

Ohboyohboyohboyohboy This is so exciting!!
    :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.