5.20.15 Zoey amps 177 (skipped)PMPS HI

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Rose, May 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rose

Rose Member

yesterday

Today was surely a test to see how much mettle we have. Mistake was made with a deadline and turned out it was today so it threw the whole day off kilter. Moved my office outside this morning so that Zoe could hang out in the gardens with one of her sisters. BG was not high this morning and I was worried that there would be an issue with getting her fed and being able to see about her so I put her morning shot off until I heard from DH that he was going to make it back. That went awry. He didn't get in until 4:30 so I carted her to office with the intent to be sure I could feed her and just move her shot time ... again. Well, clients came early, I ended up having a huge production of a job at the office with lots of paperwork needing to be documented and copied (just hands on, non stop) and I could never get back to Zoey who was resting away in the back office, in hiding so no one would use her as an excuse to stop the proceedings. I finally got a few minutes to get her a little food in her, but had I shot her, she would surely be dead. With our secretary out today and DH in the mess he was in, there was no time to spare for anything. Didn't get home until 6:00, gave her a steam treatment to see if her sinuses would open and she'd maybe eat food on her own .. didn't. Tested, syringe fed, shot and watered with sub-q. She's resting in her steam room now.

Of course, the ONE time I didn't put something under her when I tested she decides to wet the bed. :banghead: So changing the sheets and washing the comforter got added to the list.

Zoey's condition: We think she's nauseous. Going to get meds in the a.m. and will try that instead of the appy meds. She's alert but is not wanting us to syringe feed her so everything is a struggle. I only dosed 3.0 units this evening because I have no idea what tonight/tomorrow will bring with her eating. If she were not so alert and engaged with what's going on, we would let her go. It's like she looks at us and wants to eat and wants us to make it better, but doesn't want us feeding her. She pitches an absolute bloody fit. (Literally -- scratches on arms to prove it.)

Anyway .... we're still here. Please say a prayer that her appetite returns with the addition of the nausea meds. If not, then this retched disease (take your pick which one) will have finally gotten the better of her (and us).

BTW -- I tried to log on earlier but it wouldn't connect. Hopefully that was the final test of the day because my patience is much too thin for too many more pokes from life. :facepalm:

Paws crossed that Zoe has a good night ... and all of your furkids as well.

Happy vines, healing vines and patience vines to all.

2. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

do you have nausea meds already?

adding many prayers... sounds like a very difficult day.:bighug:

3. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Nausea meds are a good idea. Ask for cerenia or ondansetron. I hope your vet gives you one if those and it works. Poor baby. Eating when nauseous is no fun and can lead to food aversions but not eating can lead to fatty liver disease so you are doing the right thing. :bighug:

4. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

{{{Rose}}}

Sounds like nausea to me. I don't want to eat when I feel that way, either. It'd be great if you could get both Cerenia and Ondansetron from the vet, so you can see which works better for Zoey. I find Cerenia is better with one cat, and Ondansetron with another. Meanwhile, you might want to substitute baby food for the cat food you're feeding her, as it is easier on the tummy. It doesn't have all the nutrients that cat food does, but as an occasional sub is fine and will fulfill the requirements to get food into her.

You are doing an incredible job. Sending many healing, tummy and appy vines for Zoey and calming, comfort vines and hugs for you and DH. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

5. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

It's one cycle.....don't be hard on yourself. You picked up tonight and moved forward.

Sending her tons of vines.

6. manxcat419

manxcat419 Well-Known Member

Oh Rose, I'm sorry Zoey's still not feeling well. I hope you can get her some anti nausea meds tomorrow and that they'll get her eating on her own again. :bighug:

I second the baby food idea - the day Rosa wasn't feeling well, she refused anything to do with cat food but ate a whole jar of baby food and went looking for more. It's definitely worth trying Zoey with that to see if you can tempt her to eat a little.

7. Tiger(GA) and Ruth

Tiger(GA) and Ruth Well-Known Member

(((((Rose))))) You, Zoey and DH are in my prayers for sure!!! You did the smart thing skipping--what else can you do when the $hit!!!!!! hits the fan like it did for you today!! :bighug::bighug::bighug: Whatever happens happens, the important thing is you faced your problem head on and did everything in your power!! God Bless You--I am sending the strongest appy vines and healing prayers!! Cerenia or Ondansetron work wonders, I hope you had some on hand. Plus, since she hates the syringe feeding so much would it be helpful to have a pair of these gloves? (I use them for rose pruning/gardening?)

8. suki & crystal (GA)

suki & crystal (GA) Well-Known Member

Tough day for you, DH and Zoey. Sending healing and appy vines for Zoey, such a brave little soul :bighug::bighug::bighug:

9. Patricia & Noodle

Patricia & Noodle Well-Known Member

Sending lots of prayers and vines and hugs your way. All of the positive thoughts in my brain are being sent straight on to Zoey, you, and DH. I hope tomorrow is a better day. :bighug:

10. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Still sending tons of vines your way for sweet Zoey. Paws crossed you can find a solution for the nausea. You and DH continue to do an awesome job. :bighug: I am glad to hear she is alert and engaged.

11. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Adding more hugs and prayers!! Hopefully adding in anti-nausea meds will bring her appy back on track.

12. Rose

Rose Member

Thanks so much, everyone!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.