5/20 Yoyo AMPS 105,

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Debra and Yoyo, May 20, 2020.

1. Debra and Yoyo

Debra and Yoyo Well-Known Member

Yesterday 5/19 http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/5-19-yoyo-amps-93.229775/

Day 5 @ 1.26 Units Lantus

Good morning.....today I am taking my doggie, Adori, to the cardiologist. Her cough has increased and with the pandemic I put off her visit that was due in March. So now with her coughing more it is necessary that she see the vet. The office is fitting me in for an appointment and they only have a 9:30 appointment available for this morning. Normally I always make the vet appointments in the early afternoon to fit into Yoyo's insulin schedule but no afternoon appt's were available. So I am taking Yoyo with us for the ride. This way I know he will be safe and I won't have additional stress.
    Yo is usually good in the car if I hold him, so I got my sister and her husband to come along as my BIL will do the driving heading into Ft Lauderdale. This should be a fun little trip especially with the morning traffic on I-95:eek:

Of coures I am not allowed into the animal hospital and I have to wait in the car while Adori is having an exam with an echo and blood wk. This just adds to my stress level as I never leave or drop my pets off at the vet. Even when surgery is needed, my regular vet knows that I wait in the office and she always lets me take my pets home when they are safe to leave. This is going to be hard on "Me."

Hope you all have a good - safe day......surf safely Kitties:bighug:

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope the vet visit and trip to the vet go well. I hope you get good results back for Adori. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug:

3. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

((Debra)), sending you tons of vines for your trip into the city. I hope the highway isn't a traffic jam. I hope Adori's vet visit goes well and her heart condition can be helped with medication. I hope Yoyo doesn't mind the car ride. Hugs all around, to you your sister and BIL, your drooler and Yo. Have a safe trip. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

4. Debra and Yoyo

Thanks Sonia for your well wishes but unfortunately the results for Adori are not that good. Upon doing the echo the cardiologist found several masses in Adori's chest. I am beside myself. He said that her heart looked about the same as last visit but that the coughing was due to the masses and that her trachea is almost callapsed. I think it is past doing surgery, but he says she should see an oncologist.

I am now waiting for my regular vet to review 3 D Xrays, Echo and pending blood wk.
    Regular vet will hopefully guide me in telling me what to do from here.
    I am a nervous wreck!!

Brighter side...Yoyo was a real trooper. He sat in the car for over 4 hours. He was excellent. As long as he is with me on my lap-he is a happy camper. Poor thing though, since he was in the car I asked if they could take blood from him as he is due for blood wk and they did it today.
    I was not happy having to leave both of them and not be in the exam room with them, but I did the New Norm.....I hate it!!

Both seem to be ok when they got back to the car. They said that Adori was agitated but that is because I wasn't with her. Love my furry babies!!

5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

6. Debra and Yoyo

Thanks for the hugs....it has been an AWFUL day!

7. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

Hope for the best!! :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Debra and Yoyo likes this.
  8. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

Debra, I'm so sorry about Adori's results from today. :( Sending hugs and comfort. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Debra and Yoyo likes this.