? 5/22/15 Marmy's amps 394, +5-187, +7-263, pmps 354

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by tonimarmalade, May 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tonimarmalade

tonimarmalade Member

am I seeing a failed reduction? If so, what do I shoot this evening? back to 1.3, 1.25, other? Or is this a bounce and we should just sit tight?

2. Nancy & Cootie (GA)

Nancy & Cootie (GA) Member

3. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

I think you're right that it's a failed reduction

I'd go back up tonight...maybe try the 1.25 again

Just wondering...how are you measuring 1.1, 1.3, etc? I find it really hard to get the .25 increments consistent....unless you're using calipers

4. tonimarmalade

tonimarmalade Member

I have ordered calipers like Marj's but they haven't arrived yet. I am using syringes with 1/2 u measurements so the 1.25 Is not so hard but the 1.3 is tough. I do 1.1 just a hair more than 1. Unfortunately I had to shoot tonight before I got your message and the message from Nancy "bump" I interpreted as don,t go up because is is a bounce but maybe she meant to bump,it up. I will go to 1.25 tomorrow morning. Hope the calipers arrive before the holiday.
    Thanks for your help.

5. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

Tee hee, yes the bump would have been to bump your question up to be answered. Good luck with the dosecrease, Marmy is quite the sensitive kitty with the dosing! Sending flat vines

6. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

I'm glad you didn't give the increase tonight - only because i think there is a chance these higher numbers are a bounce from the 40's 3 nights ago. Bounces can look different in different cats, but one thing is typically common: while they are high, they are not constantly the same number. Even high they can bobble around, so you can see a variety of numbers, making you think the bounce has cleared.

In Marmy's case, I kinda think that those high blue numbers are still in the bounce. Since the 1.3 got him to the 40's, my assumption (which could always be faulty!) would be that when he cleared the bounce from hitting the 40's and having a dose reduction, it would be lower than 180's.

If you count forward 3 days from the 40's, that would be tonight's cycle. So I'd make sure and get a test tonight right before you go to bed, just in case he has a lower cycle tonight.

Here's a longer explanation of a bounce (see the second post in the thread.)

7. julie & punkin (ga)

Bumping is done to lift a post to the top of the forum page. Any response that is posted does that, but sometimes people just write "bump" in order to bump the post up and help it get seen.

Nancy & Cootie (GA) was bumping your question to help it get noticed. Those information stickies are being bumped this weekend so that they'll be available for new people if they are needed, especially since it's a holiday weekend.

I'm answering on your yesterday's post, which we don't normally do, because it will bump it to the top of the page and then when you have a new condo/thread today, there will be 2 and it may become confusing about which is the current one. Usually I wouldn't do that but I wanted to make sure you see the answer to your question.

8. tonimarmalade

tonimarmalade Member

Thank you. Will do.

9. tonimarmalade

tonimarmalade Member

So if Marmy is in the low 200's or lower at plus 3 this night I should stay put at 1.1 and see what tomorrow brings?
    Bump

Last edited: May 23, 2015
  10. julie & punkin (ga)

My comments that you just quoted were from last night. I thought he was likely to clear the bounce last night, but it looks like he's gotten to 91 tonight - so yay!

You would hold the dose unless he goes under 50 on a human glucometer, 68 on an Alpha Trak meter. Would you add the brand of meter you're using into your signature line? The type of insulin, meter and whether you're following TR or SLGS are the most important things you want everyone to know who might be helping you.

Anytime you add a reply to a thread it serves as a bump. People just say "bump" if they have nothing else to say.:D

11. tonimarmalade

tonimarmalade Member

Ok. I guess I have to get some low numbers today to stay at 1.1. Correct?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.