5/22 Gordy AMPS 199 | PMPS 422

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by CassAndGordy(GA), May 22, 2019.

1. CassAndGordy(GA)

CassAndGordy(GA) Well-Known Member

2. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

Caca happens! :)

CassAndGordy(GA) likes this.
  3. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

That's life....! :) Gordy has nice blues anyway!
    Interesting to see you're using an auto-feeder, I'm planning to get one but how do you manage with 3 kitties? I have 3 also!
    and what kind of frozen food do you prepare? I bought a raw premix he didn't like, so maybe homemade ? He's huge and has to lose weight.... Tks!

4. CassAndGordy(GA)

My civvies have their own setup with microchip feeders. But I have the Petsafe 5 for Gordy's snacks. He is usually on top of it when he hears it spin.... but occasionally will put it off and the others will take advantage LOL. I can only prevent so much.

What I do sounds complicated... but its not. I am reusing some plastic mini cupcake containers that you buy from the grocery store. And then I get a big can of pate (I using do Friskies and Wellness), mix it with a little water, and then put into the cupcake container, fill the remaining space with water and freeze. (The plastic makes it easy to pop them out!) I find that one can will make either one or two trays depending on how much you want to make them for.

It only takes a few minutes. And I let the kitties lick the bowl after ;)

5. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

Microchip feeder is the solution, each their own...:p and for the food, I never thought of freezing canned food; so finally, food and water in plastic containers. That's easy and such a good idea!
    Ti-Mousse will have fresh little snacks when I'm not there!
    I'm so glad, thanks for sharing! :bighug:

6. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Gordy will be fine. I'm sure he'll enjoy the dry food.

7. CassAndGordy(GA)

PMPS 422

Ouch.

That and he didn't feel like eating all of his dinner. He did eat some, so i don't want to force him. Hopefully his tummy feels up to it soon.