5/23 China AMPS 79,+3 45,+5 54, PMPS 68,+4 49

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Chris & China (GA), May 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

5/21 condo

Miss China still has a few tricks up her paws!!

China honey, now you know mama has to be gone every day this week....how about you cut her a break?

Thank goodness she is an excellent surfer...if I started having to cancel appointments again, I'd be so behind I'd never catch up!!

Saw the eye surgeon today. Have the right cataract surgery scheduled for next Tuesday. He said I was "special"....that not many people have cataracts at my age, or have them grow as fast as mine. Don't I feel honored?? o_O

He thinks that the reason I have them so young (and so fast) is all the steroids I've had due to my multiple back surgeries. I can't even remember how many epidural steroid injections I've had, but easily over 30

Another wonderful side-effect of steroid use!! At least the doctors seem to be more careful with it these days!

He also "slightly" dilated my eyes today....I thought my vision was bad before! I can hardly read what I'm typing now :cool:

Hope you're all having a good Wednesday!!

Yo Kitties....mama can't see me sneak out.....let's all head down to the lagoon and PAWTY!! Lagoon Meister Rusty (@Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) )said he'd grill some of his extra yummy hotdogs!! ~ Lagoon Meisterin China

2. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Chris, That is quite a saga about your steroid use. You would be banned from Major League Baseball!
    Good luck with the cataract surgery. Just think how much better you will see!

Yo China, I'm on my way with a cooler full of Nathan's Finest hotdogs. See you soon.
    ~ Rusty

Chris & China (GA) likes this.
  3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope China keeps surfing safely for you. I'm glad you have your surgery scheduled.

4. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

I'm so glad you have your surgery scheduled right away! How long recovery time do you need? Is it quick like lasik?

5. Chris & China (GA)

He said the entire surgery only takes about 10 minutes. I have to go into his office the following morning for a quick check and then if everything looks good, we can schedule the left eye the following week.

He said to plan on being at the hospital for about 2 hours and then home, so although it's not done with a laser, it's pretty quick and easy.

From the pamphlet I read, they make a tiny cut in the eye, use something like radio-waves to "chop up" the old cloudy lens, place the new lens in and that's about it.

6. PussCatPrince - GA

PussCatPrince - GA Well-Known Member

I had a cataract removed in my late 20's/early 30's. I have a damaged right eye, among other things, as a result of a serious RTA , so the cataract grew because of that.

Even back then the difference was bewildering. Later on I had lazer surgery also and that helped a lot.

You won't know yourself and the world will no longer be Monet-fied.

Chris & China (GA) likes this.
  7. Chris & China (GA)

That's what I'm hoping!!

I really wish I could afford to pay for the "upgraded" lens that will allow me to see far, near and everywhere in between, but he said they were $1300 each :eek:

PussCatPrince - GA likes this.
  8. PussCatPrince - GA

PussCatPrince - GA Well-Known Member

:eek: I didn't know there was such a superhero thing. Had I known , the husband could have done without some implant teeth (ex rugby player) & I would have spent out on a wizzo eyeball.

Mine is a good 30 years old & has been lasered too.

I have found as I have become older that the eyesight for that eye has improved somewhat. You may feel some glare for a while. It can be a little disorientating to start with.
    I shall look forward to your update and report on the eyeballs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.