5-24 Nikita doesn't eat PMPS334 +2 307

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Marie Dagobah&Nikita, May 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marie Dagobah&Nikita

Marie Dagobah&Nikita Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...ack-to-2ui-er-no-1-75-tonight-pmps146.195856/

Hi there! who told bad things never come alone? It's true!

Today Nikita didn't eat as usual, a bit less... but tonight she doesn't wants to eat at all (she said no to a
    steak!!!) She also has diarrhea since tonight...

As she is a real baby cat (she believes I am her mother) I know she might "just" be jealous after Dagobah's issue (who, by the way, seems to be better than this morning, ouf! ), but diarrhea makes me a little more anxious: I know it can happen in stressful moments, and yesterday was stressful for her: Dagobah leaves home (Dagobah and her were separated once in their lives when Dagobah had lipidosis) then Dagobah comes back home with vets' smell (she hates vet) But, if it wasn't only stress?
    This idea runs into my head and I hate that

I don't really have any question, just need to tell the world I HATE MY CATS AND I WANT SOME REAL SLEEP!

2. Phoebes (GA)

Phoebes (GA) Well-Known Member

Hope you can get some sleep. Furbabies give momma bean a break.

Marie Dagobah&Nikita likes this.
  3. Marie Dagobah&Nikita

Actually I do have a question! What do you think about clay to solve diarrheas problem?

Thank you! I just tested her for ketones (0,1µmol/L) so I think about trying to sleep and see what tomorrow will bring...

Phoebes (GA) likes this.
  4. Marie Dagobah&Nikita

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  5. Steph & Quintus & L & O

Steph & Quintus & L & O Well-Known Member

Glad ketones are low. Cat drama sucks! Here in CH we have a thing called pro-kolin+ for diarrhea. It's probiotics + kaolin (some kind of clay). Works pretty well. Not sure why you reduced her dose? Because she wasn't eating?

Sorry I've been off the grid for a while :-(

6. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

More vines on the way to you! :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

My other cat has never had any issues with diarrhea or vomiting or anything like that, until Asia had a crisis and needed to go to the vet a lot, then Toki decided to have some tummy bug, I think she did need some attention and was feeling left out! :p

I hope you find something that works to help. Most of those tummy things are usually short lived and resolved in a couple of days on their own. I know a lot of people here use s. boulardii, a specific type of probiotic to help with diarrhea. SEB (slippery elm bark) is also another option.

I’m glad Dagobah is doing better. What a mess for you, I hope they calm down in the drama department so you can regain some sanity! :bighug:

7. Marie Dagobah&Nikita

@Stephanie & Quintus: vet gave me pro-kolin and felidiarix! she just hates me a little more: between syringe and medication... If I suddenly disappear, ask Niki ;-)
    This morning I don't really know why I gave her 1,5 instead of 1,75... I gave the good dose tonight!!

@Stacy & Asia Nikita is my grumpy-baby! But she doesn't want to talk to me... and I really think it's a "look at me" call: she ate peas this afternoon...

I gave her Yolk and clay with the syringe, try to play/talk to/hug her when I have a few minutes, but what I really want is kick her selfish little bottom!!
    (and I am really really tired, so I'm sorry if my reply isn't really clear)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.