5/27/18 Olive AMPS 195; +5.5=47; +6=55; +6.5=59; +8=80; PMPS 292; +4=140; +6=104; +9.5=184

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Olive & Paula, May 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Yesterday

Not a bad start again this morning. If only we could get rid of the PM pink. Will do dosecrease tomorrow. I wonder if the Hepato Support is spiking the PMPS. I will not give it today and see what happens. Maybe giving at another time like with breakfast would be better. Have to play around with it.

Rainy today, good day to do some sanding and paperwork.

2. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Nice to see the blue and green yesterday!
    What is the Hepato Support for?

3. Olive & Paula

Supplement for the liver. Her first labs the liver values were pretty high. The vets thoughts were 1. insulin not established yet (been only 6 days consistently at that time) 2. diet,not knowing how long she'd been without food before being found (hepatic lipidosis starting) 3. diabetes not controlled. She said to wait a few months to retest to see if they improve. I asked if there was anything to help in the meantime. She gave me this. Said I could start then back in February or wait until next labs. If no improvement then more tests for the liver. I waited. The one value came down to normal. The other is still high, but it could be the acro now as it affects liver.

Don't know if you can see the labs but so many have improved since her 1st set. This is before I started the hepato. Even the cholesterol and triglycerides have come down which can also be part of the acro.

https://www.drugs.com/vet/hepato-support.html
    41GQZdmlB7L.jpg

Last edited: May 27, 2018
  4. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

Lovely blue start to today and beautiful green yesterday.

Olive, please put away your pink tutu for awhile.

5. Olive & Paula

So dosecrease is off the table with this lovely neon green. I know it means a reduction but I just don't get why she would still pop pink. When does this flatter cycles lev is suppose to do kick in???? She is not following the lev manual.

6. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I guess she let you know what she thought of the doscrease threat. Some cats just don't follow the rules.

7. Olive & Paula

Add psychic to her dx. She had to read my mind as I never said it out loud. Her vision isn't the best because of cataracts (I'm told the are baby cataracts) so she couldn't read what I type. She is a mystery.

8. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Oh look at all those greens! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Olive & Paula likes this.
  9. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Lovely numbers today!

Olive & Paula likes this.
  10. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

Since you don’t know if IAA is in the picture I’d take the reducie. Your call on either a .25 or .5 reduction. Around the 6u mark I started doing.25 reductions and increases with Doodles. It’s a roll of the dice to see what works for Olive

Last edited: May 27, 2018
  11. Olive & Paula

I went with the .25 reducie. I'd rather go slower so she becomes more a custom to good numbers and hopefully not have to go back up. I also notice we seem to hold the dose a little longer now but in decent numbers between PS anyway.

Have to remember higher dose still in play for a few cycles yet so there might be some food steering and or PJ parties going on.

Doodles & Karen and Bellasmom like this.
  12. Olive & Paula

It's not a pink, yeah!!!!!!

13. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

LOL! As one of our members once said: "the only thing predictable about feline diabetes is that it is unpredictable" Some cats just like to throw in a bounce.
    I like those green numbers!

14. Olive & Paula

24 hrs and not a pink in sight!!!! Ssh don't tell her.

Chris & China (GA) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.