5/28 Luci AMPS 282,2+279, 5+231, 8+267; PMPS 292, 2+63, 3+82 LAGOON SURPRISE!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sue and Luci, May 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Yesterday

Let's hope Luci feels more cooperative today. Numbers were better last night - DH never mentioned it...wish I could have gotten another BG later at night. I was having a horrible day yesterday - feeling resentful and overwhelmed. Hope today is better!

Happy Memorial Day to US beans and kitties! Let's have a pleasant day watching those kitties that are OTJ! Party time!!

2. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

Let's hope Luci shows you again what she did last night.

Funny you mention the OTJ cats. I just posted about Rex's 1 year anniversary last Friday. :cat:

Sue and Luci likes this.
  3. Sue and Luci

Fine looking SS you got there too! Congratulations!!!

Mandy & Rex (GA) likes this.
  4. Sue and Luci

I'm sitting here studying Luci's SS - I see that in 3 more doses she'll be at 10 cycles on this dose - so what the heck happened? She did a dive there on the first evening after the .25 increase - and hasn't had very good numbers since. Figured she'd clear the bounce by now and settle into some lower blues at the very least - all these yellows - not good...If she doesn't do something soon - I'll be thinking of a dosecrease by Wednesday morning - just in time for her to go to the vet on Thursday - skipping her a.m. dose - and I'm sure her numbers will soar to the moon over there - she stresses out big time going to the vet - it'll be a tough day for both of us.

Thoughts? Should I increase the day before going to the vet? Just trying to plan the week a bit...

5. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I haven't been following Luci carefully. With that in mind, was there a reason for not reducing her dose when she dropped to 45 on 5/25? Given that drop, it's possible that what you're seeing is a bounce. I would give this dose a the PM cycle before increasing since tonight would make it 6 cycles to clear the bounce.

6. Sue and Luci

Thanks for asking:

Luci has had a tendency to go for the lagoon - quickly - and dive deep - then I was advised that it might be better to hold the dose unless she goes below 50 x 3 or 40 x 1. She didn't meet either of that criteria so I'm holding the dose. She also has had a tendency to take a while - up to 9 cycles before she starts to exhibit some kind of response to her current dose (see SS on 5/10 for an example of that)...

Needless to say, I'm having a really difficult time finding a good dose for Luci - seems like every time we go up or down...she'll play along for a while - or rush off to the lagoon and dive deep so I've had to be extremely watchful and test frequently to catch her and attempt to steer her away from the sharks - sometimes it works out, sometimes not....

She is after all, the cat in charge here...and as I mentioned yesterday, she's wearing me right out to my last nerve....

I don't know what else to do for her except go with the flow - up/down, up/down...we go until she 'catches' on to what she's supposed to be doing to get better - if ever...some days it's very discouraging...

7. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Hi Sue! Sending hugs to you as I know that this dance can surely get the best of us.

Today, she has been rather flat yellow so I think you could see some downward movement tonight or tomorrow.

I see on her SS that a dental is scheduled. Let's hope that she will start to flatten out after the cleaning, Inflammation can cause havoc , so hang tight and let's see what she's does after the cleaning appointment and the dust settles. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

8. Sue and Luci

Thanks for the hugs...yes, the sugar dance has worn me out ... I think part of it is just post-trip exhaustion, overwhelming amount of work that needs to be done around our house in Michigan - that's what we get for being gone for six months. And when Luci decides to play hide and seek...well... only you guys would understand...

I'll hold the current dose until after her dental cleaning on Thursday - then I'm sure she'll be hiding out :) She will want nothing to do with me for a while...little brat...I'm only trying to help!

9. Bobbie And Bubba

Do you have a treat that she likes? I have some Young Again Zero treats and all I have to do it shake the pouch and he will come running. One treat and I get the test I need. :)

10. Sue and Luci

Yes, Luci absolutely adores those freeze dried salmon and chicken treats - she used to respond to me rattling the bag - that was all I needed to do...Now, however she's decided that bag rattling isn't enough to draw her out - I have to remove one from the bag - place it in a location that she can see it - stand by now...standing by...and she creeps out to get the treat - and I reach down and gently pick her up - and she's eating the treat...it used to work...now she's even slower to respond...but I'll look into getting some 'Young Again Zero'...if you think it'll get her over whatever has caused her sudden stubborn behavior to become just about more than I can handle. I have found that by not feeding her quite so much, she's hanging around the feeding area (aka test/shoot area)...a bit more at shot time and at test time...so that trick is working for today...at least. I honestly think the vet visit threw her into thinking that we're all out to hurt her - always these darn vet visits - I think she just freaks when she has to be treated by the vet...poor girl :(

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  11. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

If you look into getting YA, they have treats so you don't need to buy the big bag of food.

I hope once the dental is done and you all get back into a routine, Luci will become the cat who is eager for her treats and food again.

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  12. Bobbie And Bubba

Yep, these are the treats I get. I give them to my cats and dogs. They are worth their weight in gold and is how my pet sitter gets Bubba to come out of hiding when he comes to the house. I only give a piece or two a day and some days I don't have to give him any. They are my ace in the hole.

https://www.youngagainpetfood.com/carnivoreyums-for-cats---ferrets.html

13. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

If people keep asking about numbers in the 40s, you might want to add that info to either your spreadsheet or signature. Thanks for clarifying.

Gabby was a lot like Luci. She could drop like a rock. You will become more intuitive with those drops.

One thought re. the treats -- it may be that since Luci needs a dental, her mouth may hurt when it comes to eating anything less soft than pate-style food. If she's become wise to your ways, freeze dried treats are very popular -- chicken has been the most widely used. My civvie is nuts for freeze dried mussels. They are incredibly stinky and apparently, very tasty.

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  14. Sue and Luci

Will do!
    I'm learning! Just wish my crystal ball worked better to predict when that's going to happen! I test frequently - and sometimes just miss the 'signs' and she's off to the races!
    Where do you find freeze dried mussels? Luci loves the freeze dried chicken and salmon!
    No indications that she's in any pain - the cleaning is an annual - suggested by the vet - since last year she did in fact have a couple of decayed teeth and they were removed. I'm thinking better to do an annual preventative cleaning/checkup than to wait until she has tooth problems - less expensive...and for Luci less traumatic (I think)...

15. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

16. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Sue, I’m sorry Luci has been trying your patience. I wish there was more rhyme or reason why they do what they do, but sometimes there is just no telling. You’re trying some of the little tricks and they are better than nothing. I really hope the dental makes a big difference for Luci and hugs from one bouncy/dive kitty parent to another! ;)

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.