5/28 Yoyo AMPS 224,

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Debra and Yoyo, May 28, 2020.

1. Debra and Yoyo

Debra and Yoyo Well-Known Member

5/26/20 http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/5-26-yoyo-amps-203.230088/

Day 4 @ 1.38 Units Lantus

Good Morning.....I have never skipped a day on this site until yesterday. Too much was going on and no time to post early in the morning. I was up at 5am to take care of my pets and to get Yoyo ready for his trip back to the vet. Yesterday Yoyo received more IV fluids and had an extensive ultrasound. Major findings of u/s are possible kidney infection and possible enlarged adrenal glands, spleen and liver. Main focus on kidneys now and a urine c&s being sent out along with a SNAPfpl. Both results will take several days to get back. Yoyo did receive a convenia injection along with I think a cerrenia injection on Tuesday and Wednesday, I need to review the bill which I haven't had the time to do yet
    I also went home with zeniquin which I may start him on very soon as that was the medicine that got him well when he had similar symptoms back in 2018. Then I did not do all the tests that I did these past 2 days. Different vet and different way of handling things. He may just be having a 2nd kidney infection...poor kitty, I hope he starts to feel better and gives me some hugs back.

This morning Yo still doesn't want to eat but I did finger feed him which he accepts. He is used to me feeding him as he isn't the greatest eater on a "normal" day. His temp is down today and is normal...I will recheck throughout the day but really his actions speak out to me very loudly. When your kitty is so quiet and just laying in the same spot, you just know something is not right!

I pray that everyone is doing well and staying safe and that all our Kitties always surf safely and stay healthy as well:bighug:

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope it's just an infection and it clears up soon. I'm glad you got him to eat for you and his temp is normal. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Debra and Yoyo likes this.
  3. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

Yo, please feel better and keep eating and hug your mama, she's so worried about you. :bighug:

I hope you get the results back very soon so you know for sure what's going on.

Sending tons of healing vines your way for Yoyo and for Adori :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Hope you all have a better day today. :)

4. Debra and Yoyo

Results probably won't be back until next week, seems like it will take forever. I may just start Yoyo on the zeniquin as it is a strong antibiotic.

Thank you for all the kind words and prayers:bighug:

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  5. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

Hope everything will be alright! Glad his temperature is back to normal and you got him to eat a little!:)
    Waiting for results is always so long.....
    Sending plenty of healing and positive vines for little Yo !! I can imagine how worried you must be! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

6. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Sending lots of healing vines for Yoyo. Feel better, dear boy!

7. Alicia & Kit cat

Alicia & Kit cat Well-Known Member

Feel better Yoyo and Adori. Gentle scritches to both. <3

8. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

Geeze, poor Yo. I'm sorry to hear you and your loved pets are going through such a tough time. I am sending all of the vines, and keeping you and Yoyo in my thoughts!

Feel better soon Yoyo!

Take care Debra :bighug:

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  9. Debra and Yoyo

Thank you sooo much!!

10. Debra and Yoyo

Thank you ever so much!!

11. Debra and Yoyo

Wow, I haven't checked on Mowgli's SS in a long time....he is doing fantastic, I am really so happy for the both of you.
    Did you do anything different like different food or feeding times? Amanda you are doing a wonderful job with Mowgli...be very proud of yourself!!:)

Thank you for the vines....we sure need them coming:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Sonia & Leo and AmandaE like this.
  12. Debra and Yoyo

Yes, I think of everything and my mind goes off in different directions which isn't good. If I get busy with work then I forget for a few minutes.

I tried opening Ti-Mousse's SS on my phone and on my lap top but it will not open for me so I hope Ti is doing well and I hope you are doing even better. I know you have your hands full with your Uncle and I feel for you.

Please take care of Lyane because she is a "special lady":bighug::bighug:

13. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Glad you told me! I had problems with SS a few days ago: it would not open and after I could not update numbers! Now everything is back to normal for me; I republished it to the Web just now; hopefully you can see it, if not I'll ask Marje for help!

14. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

Thanks Debra!

Mowgli started to turn around during his 1 year anniversary of diagnosis. I haven’t really changed the way that I have been doing things, but a big difference is that I am working from home now due to covid, he’s also been spending a lot of time outside lately which I think is making a difference too! I’m really glad he’s doing so well and the vet even said she thinks he’s headed toward remission !! I’m not holding my breath, but it’s great that they think he’s doing so well!!

I’ll keep the vines coming!!

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  15. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Poor Yoyo! I hope the meds and extra fluids help and I hope he starts to feel better soon...these poor kitties and the kidney issues...if they could just be convinced to drink more water...just not the way of most cats to drink a lot of water though...

Hang in there Debra. You're a good mama...we know how the day can get away from you...oh boy do we ever!

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  16. Debra and Yoyo

Yes, I just opened Ti-Mousse's SS and I saw the 25......you be careful Ti-Mousse, climb back up:D

17. Debra and Yoyo

Oh how I hope he is heading towards remission. Paw crossed and antijinx that he is headed for better things:)

Sonia & Leo and AmandaE like this.
  18. Debra and Yoyo

Thanks Sue, it is so frustrating when they don't feel well. They can't tell us but his actions speak louder. I knew something was wrong with him but I just didn't know what.....now to get him on the right medicine is my goal but the test results won't be back until next week.

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  19. Sonia & Leo

Lyane, I just tried it on my phone also, and it's coming up ok (in all it's NEON glory!!) so it looks like you fixed it! Holy cow!! Ti-Mousse is on a one-way mission down the dosing ladder!!! Good thing you're keeping a close eye on that kitty!! :nailbiting: Up you go Ti, there's no need to give everyone a nervous breakdown!! :stop:

20. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Thanks to you, glad SS works now!
    Ti-Mousse just got a LO reading.... no numbers!:woot: Second time in 10 days! Don't know where he's going.... I gave him 22% carb and some kibbles (he loves them, I throw them on the floor and he runs all over the place to catch them..and they bring his numbers up..);:D so of course no shot tonight, monitoring and reducie tomorrow!!!
    Maybe this very hot and humid weather doesn't help... today it went up to 82F but felt like 93 becauce of humidity!! He's a winter cat always looking for cool and fresh air.... I'm the same, can't wait for summer to be over!!!:arghh:
    Have a great evening both of you !!:bighug::bighug:

21. Debra and Yoyo

HiTi-Mousse you are getting me nervous....up up and up some more, stay away from those sharks and swim to shallow water :D...have a good night Lyane.

22. Sonia & Leo

Wow, that’s scary. It’s like all of a sudden his pancreas just started healing super fast.

I’m not sure about the weather but I’d be inclined to think if it was too hot for him, he’d be stressed and have higher numbers. It’s 9:45, how is he now?

23. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

He's doing great ! No insulin, + kibbles + carbs brought him up to 5.6!! I'm lucky that he responds so well to carbs...
    Thinking about it, you're probably right about the weather bringing numbers up instead of down!
    Hopefully his pancreas is healing ! He's going so fast lately, I'm just running behind!!
    Have a great evening with Leo! :bighug:

24. Sonia & Leo

Ok phew, good to know! Glad you caught up to him to slow him down!! Crazy kitty!! :joyful: Have a good night!! :)

25. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Isn't it great that we can always blame the weather?

Have a good weekend, everyone!