5/29 Luci AMPS -325,2+ 287, 5+230, PMPS 246, 2+255, 4+212

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sue and Luci, May 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Yesterday - Lagoon visit last night!

Well, what a surprise last night! DH comes upstairs to wake me up and tells me Luci is at 63 at 4+! 63!! How the hell did she get to 63 when I tested her at 2+ she was over 200!! :eek:
    :eek::eek:
    Give her some HIGH CARB food! She's dropping too much, too fast...did anyone see that coming?
    :banghead:

I know she was flat yellow all day - but yesterday she dropped to a nice blue and then...nothing else:(...DH didn't tell me that she was in the 100's - otherwise I'd have set my alarm and gotten a test in the middle of the night - no way to know if she got to the lagoon the night before...however, last night - she'd had enough of the high numbers and decided to make a late night run for the lagoon and in her typical fashion 'CANNONBALL'!!!:arghh: Going deep and going fast!

I sure wish I knew when that was coming...oh well...we try again another day don't we? :banghead: Guess under the circumstances my thoughts of a dosecrease are off the table. I suppose Luci heard me - or has telepathy and knew what I was thinking - so she figured it's time to show who's the BOSS around here...it's obviously 'The Queen Luci' :cat:- whatever was I thinking? Oh well...:facepalm:

MyTitan (GA) likes this.
  2. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

If I recall correctly, @Bobbie And Bubba did warn you about the last couple cycles being flat and yellow.

That took Luci 6 cycles to get back into greens. Just watch the number of cycles between previous greens so you can hopefully 'predict' the next one.

3. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Yep, I kind of thought she'd drop last night or this AM. She broke the bounce!

Looking at the SS, the only thing I would do differently is the carb % at the time of her 63 @ +4, looks like HC was giving at +4 & +5, I would have not given any thing over MC to see if she would just surf and then supplement with a little LC a bit later. I do realize when it's in the middle of the night you just want to get them up. In the past I have giving the MC and set my alarm to get another test in I just couldn't keep my eyes open. And I would not have giving LC at the +7. Save the HC for when she goes under 50. JMHO.

4. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

I agree about the HC - would rather not have done that - but DH was exhausted and wanted to go to bed...and I was dead out when he woke me up...fuzzy headed...all I could think of was 'stop the drop' .. we'll try to do better next time. As for the LC at +7, Luci always gets a little something after a poke - should I just put her down and walk away? She was very cooperative and came to me - at least I didn't have to search the house for her at 2 a.m. :)

5. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

Perhaps you could just give her a freeze dried treat instead? I think that's zero carbs, but I could be wrong.

Sue and Luci likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.