5/29 Rosie AMPS:101 +3:79 +4.75:101 PMPS:107 +3:80 +4:90

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA, May 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA Well-Known Member

Yesterday

So, this morning we took a reduction because we had to go out and Rosie was so low yesterday and not in 100% good health. We plan to stay with this reduction unless it is a real problem until after her ultrasound on Tuesday and then re-evaluate.

Last night was another tough night. She is definitely having constipation problems and I was up for an hour with her during the night. She was acting weird, and settled to eat her +9 snack, then pooped with great effort and threw up all her food. :(. So I let her settle and fed a little more and she was looking really uncomfortable still. I went btb and Son Bean, who is here, stayed up with her a while longer and as we had decided, he allowed her to eat whenever she wanted. She picked 15 mins before AMPS. LOL!

She has pooped several more times since then. Yesterday, I tried the baby squash (NO GO, MA!) so then I gave her 1/8 tsp miralax. I also started her in a tiny de=see of Renacare. (Supposed to have 2 scoops and I gave her about1/3 of one scoop.

Today, I did not give the Renacare but did give a little less than the 1/8 miralax.

She is in a very good mood today. Son Bean took her outside and she actually ran after a chipmunk. Really, it's been years since she did that. I tell you, it's like being on a roller coaster!

Last edited: May 29, 2016
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope the Miralax helps with the constipation. It's great to hear she was running. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug:

3. Marilyn and Polly

Marilyn and Polly Well-Known Member

Rollercoaster is right! Let's hope the ride smooths out some for you.

Love the chipmunk chase. Good for you, Rosie.

Vines keep flowing.

Marilyn and Polly

4. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

whoa! PM+3 is 80. That's nice.

By the way, I corrected my initial post to say I went BTB and not "bits" which is I don't know what but only the spellchecker knows.

Thank you, Carla and Marilyn.

5. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

6. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

China, that iz soo kul. Did yawr been find it?

7. jayla-n-Drevon

jayla-n-Drevon Well-Known Member

Tuesday must seem like a year away!!
    mega vines for sweet Rosie:bighug:

8. Chrys & Stomper

Chrys & Stomper Well-Known Member

Glad to hear she is feeling good enough to chase chipmunks and that she is pooping! Keep it up Rosie! Fingers crossed for a good ultrasound report on Tuesday! :bighug:

jayla-n-Drevon likes this.
  9. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

I give my kitties just a pinch of ground flaxseed. We had it here for adding to oatmeal and I just thought I'd try it on them - both guys tend towards being constipated. I started very small - literally one pinch divided between all 3 kitties. It definitely helps.

The other thing I'm trying is to add probiotics per this article: http://www.ibdkitties.net/probiotics/

Yay to hear that she was running today! Lots of spunnk in your little sweetie!

jayla-n-Drevon likes this.
  10. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

@julie & punkin (ga) we have gone back to the align human probiotic at half a capsule daily. If that doesn't help I am inclined to try florastor.

Meanwhile, +4 of 90 is still green!

11. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

Good luck with it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.