5/31 Loudogg AMPS 324 +6 332 PMPS 260 +3 193 - Ketones at 1.3 on NovaMax

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Amanda and a Loudogg, May 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

May 30, 2018 Condo

Unfortunately Lou's ketones won't stay low (although they are still technically negative). I decided to save my one remaining strip for tomorrow morning, although my new ketones strips should be here tomorrow afternoon. I will try to get an extra test later tonight to confirm that he's staying steady, although at too high numbers. Since his ketones have stayed at higher levels and his BGs are relatively flat, I'm planning on increasing his dose tomorrow. Hopefully we'll start seeing some blues soon after.

2. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

If he throws up again, you may want to check his ketones then or soon after. Is he acting fine? Try to give him as much water as he will take in his food.

I would order more ketone test strips when you are getting down to 10 left. You never know when you may need them.

Good luck with the dose increase tomorrow.

3. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

That sounds like a good plan. He seems perfectly fine tonight. He's actually napping next to me on the couch at the moment. I've been giving him extra water all week... I think I'll try to keep that up going forward since he's gotten used to it. I doubt it could hurt, right? I would have never thought I'd need to preorder ketones strips, but this week certainly taught me otherwise. :facepalm::rolleyes::)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.