5/8 Jerry amps 198, pmps 156

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Vicki and Jerry, Jun 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vicki and Jerry

Vicki and Jerry Member

Jerry condo Jerry has been doing great but today he was running a little higher the usual. He ate his morning meal before his shot and then a little at mid day but has not been asking for food like he normally does. He did vomit mid morning. Took his pmps number and it was 156 there again a little higher than normal but he does not want to eat so I don' t want to give him his shot. What I am thinking is wait a little then try again and give him shot if he eats some. Would the higher number throw him off and just not make him feel good? Just a normal fur mom and little worried about him.

2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Sorry nobody got to you sooner Vicki!!

156 is a totally shootable number....It's important to remember that Levemir doesn't start to "kick in" until usually 3-4 hours after the shot, so it's not really necessary that he eats before shooting.

You do want to make sure he's at least willing to eat (or be able to syringe feed if necessary) but then you have several hours to get food into him.

Yes, it's possible his tummy ache raised his numbers, but hopefully it was a one-time puke and he's feeling better tonight!

3. Vicki and Jerry

Vicki and Jerry Member

Thanks Chris! He did eat around midnight last night a little but I had already decided to skip his shot. He was 240 at amps and did eat. So hopefully he is back on schedule and he just had a upset tummy.

Chris & China (GA) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.