5/9 Billie AMPS 246 +4 310 PMPS 370

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Deanna & Billie, May 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deanna & Billie

Deanna & Billie Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/5-8-billie-amps-300-4-216-pmps-310-ascites.195316/

Hello! Thank you all for the vines and prayers yesterday. After talking to Billie's IM vet today, I'm less panicked. She thinks that Billie's bloating could be a side effect of the steroid, or caused by the fact that Billie has been eating and drinking a lot more since being on the steroid. She did say it could be ascites, and we could go for another ultrasound if we want to. But she said that if it is ascites, it wouldn't change her treatment plan at this time (unless of course it started to affect her quality of life). The fact that Billie is eating and drinking so well and seems happy and comfortable makes her IM vet happy and not super concerned. So, let's hope it's all related to inflammation and the steroid knocks that out with minimal side effects!

Billie seems to be having a good day. She devoured her food with gusto this morning, afternoon, and evening. She woke me up by purring and kissing my forehead this morning, then shouted at me requesting breakfast :cat: Also a good sign!!

Civvie Brooklyn would like you all to know that she's doing just fine and doesn't understand what all the fuss is about around here :p

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

That is wonderful to hear. I'm glad the vet isn't worried. Give Billie and Brooklyn some scritches from me.

Deanna & Billie likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.