5/9 Jai Jai - AMPS: 360, +3: 455; +6: 446; +9: 524 | PMPS: 419; +2: 434 (Increased to 1u)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by heyhollis, Sep 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heyhollis

heyhollis Member

Yesterday's Condo: http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/4-9-jai-jai-amps-482.143768/

Testings were done throughout yesterday, but I do not know if he was still bouncing during the AM cycle.

He had all the pinks in the PM cycle, these figures do not look like bouncing, right (I still do not understand thoroughly about bouncing, but I am trying to learn more)?

To play safe, I increased Jai Jai's dose to 1 unit instead of 1.25 units as I planned in yesterday's condo. This dose may have to be held for days until I can run a full BG curve. Am I doing it correctly?

Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
  2. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

It's possible that there was a bounce from something that happened on AM 9/2 but I don't think so, I think you were ok to increase by the .25. You should hold the new dose for at least 3 days (6 cycles) and perhaps a little longer depending on the tests you're able to get - just post for advice before increasing again :)

heyhollis likes this.
  3. heyhollis

heyhollis Member

Hi, @Vyktors Mum . Even though I run a 24-hour test yesterday, I am still unable to understand how the 0.75 unit was working on Jai Jai. Will DEFINITELY be very cautious about increasing again. Thank you for dropping by.

Vyktors Mum likes this.
  4. heyhollis

heyhollis Member

There isn't much progress with the new dose. It does not really look like NDW, but it also does not look like a bounce......:(

The figures remind me of the similar situation from 23 to 25/8/2015.......don't know what to do

5. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

It's not uncommon to not see much movement in blood sugar tests until you hit a good dose and the whole range moves down. Just hang in there - stick with that 1.0u for at least 3 days, maybe longer depending on the numbers. It's really, really important to know how low the dose is getting Jai Jai before you increase again. You don't want to increase too quickly and end up with jai Jai in the 20's again.

By the way, can I suggest a modification of how the spreadsheet is on that night? When there are multiple tests in the same hour, we put all the test results in the same cell.

Let me see if I can recreate how it should look. Right now it looks as though Jai Jai spent 5 hours in the 20's, but that's not what happened.

+3...................+4.................+5.....................+6
    47,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,20,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,5.25=25
    3.25=23,,,,,,,,,,,,,4.5=20
    3.75=22,,,,,,,,,,,,,4.75=23

ignore the ...... and ,,,,, - i had to put them in there to get the numbers into the correct column. they are just holding space.

You might need to shrink the font like you did to get them all in there, but all the test data for one hour should be contained within the one cell for that hour. Then color the cell manually like you have it now. I hope that makes sense.

Are you testing for ketones? Whenever numbers are high, it's a good idea to check daily for ketones.
    And just to double-check, is he only eating low carb canned food, no dry food? There's no dry dog food he could get into either?

Hang in there! You're doing all you can do - you have to allow time for the Lantus to do its work.:bighug:

6. heyhollis

heyhollis Member

Hi, Julie. I have made changes to the ss, thank you for your help.

It is quite difficult to understand the whole thing. I can only keep doing what I am doing, wait and see.

I check ketones twice a day. Perhaps it is not necessary, but it is just no harm in doing so.

Jai Jai is eating low carb canned food, no dry food, no way he can get access to dry dog food too. He is an indoor cat, and he is inside the house all the time.

Will keep posting, hope the breakthrough is coming soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.