5 Feb | Girlie AMPS 189; +8=70; PMPS 92

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Girlie's mom, Feb 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Girlie's mom

Girlie's mom Well-Known Member

Condo: http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/4-feb-girlie-amps-104-4-59.190647/

Nice numbers last night: PM+3 = 72 (gave 13% food); PM+5=99. Now AMPS 189. I wonder if she dropped further last night? I left out 13%, but she didn't eat any food after +4. She usually eats early after her shot in the PM and then just goes to sleep for the rest of the night.

Hope all kitties are well and surfing safely...

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  2. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

How are you feeling Darrah? Nice report on Girlie.

Girlie's mom likes this.
  3. Girlie's mom

Thank you so much for asking. Tired and stressed - so much to do before I go. My hips are out, so I'm trying to do all of the stuff that will stuff my back up before tomorrow, when I see my physio who will fix it. I just want to make sure I'm moving okay before I head out. She can fix me: I just have to not undo it! I'm throwing everything I don't have time to sort through into one room...close the door and voila: no mess exists! Ha! :p:rolleyes:

I have to get more sleep again...

I meet the pet sitter on Friday: I'm so hopeful that she has the right manner around Girlie and that Girlie lets her do a BG test and shot without incident.

How are you? I hope you're well!

4. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Doing good, except freezing my canuck butt off.
    Jones is still a work in progress.

I didn't sleep for months before I went on my Indonesia trip last February. As soon as I hit the plane I slept. I slept Edmonton to Vancouver. Vancouver to Tokyo. Tokyo to Jakarta. I was awake Jakarta to Balikpapan. Unless I was eating or switching planes - I was sleeping.

I hope once things are all settled again that you can get some needed rest.

Girlie's mom likes this.
  5. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Looks like a bounce Hope your hips feel better after your physio visit.

When do you leave for your trip?

Girlie's mom likes this.
  6. Girlie's mom

24 hour flight - or longer? That must have been an amazing holiday. I'm hoping that I can sleep all the way to India! The flight leaves at night, so it'll be great if I can.
    What did you think of Indonesia? Must have been beautiful...

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  7. Girlie's mom

I leave the evening of the 18th. Lots of med visits/tests before then, and I have to go in to H&R Block to have them rubber stamp my taxes. Whoop whoop! I'll be meeting Deesh, the vet nurse, this Friday. I linked her little bio there. She looks and sounds quite lovely. Apparently, she gets to handle the cranky cats who come off the streets and has the battle wounds to show for it (that's what the reference to crabby cats is about).

It looks like she might have gotten down to business after that bounce (thanks, Bobbie: after all this time I still find bounces challenging!): green for her PM pre-shot. And I'm only really keeping her in these numbers by giving her 12 and 13% carb food. I did give her 6% this am, though; I think that's how we ended up with the 92 pre-shot. But I can't do that at night because I'm supposed to be sleeping (ha!).

It'll be good to get her back on the drop when Deesh is here. At least that way she won't have to be really carbed up (I hope!).

8. Girlie's mom

Those folks who've had pet sitters: I assume that you don't expect them to be with your cat 24/7: or do you? I'm assuming some just come for am/pm pre-shot; some might stay overnight in your houses. Just curious...

Also curious: what do you pay them when they sleep over at your house and house and pet sit?

9. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

My pet sitter,Matt, comes in at 6AM and 6Pm to t/f/s . He cleans my litter box, brings in my mail and makes sure that the boys have eaten all their food. He probably isn't here much more than 30 minutes.

He gets $25 each time he comes in, so $50/day which is still cheaper than if I had them boarded at the vets and a lot less stress on them. It's a real vacation for Bubba as the droolers are gone ( they go to my friend's house for the time we are away)

10. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Balikpapan is the working island so was a little grungy but still an eye opening experience. We got to see an orangutan rescue that also had some sun bears. The views outside of the town were amazing. We did a side trip to Bali which was fun as well, did some tours. On the way back we spent 2 days is Tokyo. That was interesting and wish I would of done some more research and had more time on the ground there. It took 2 days there and back. Spent the night in Tokyo going down - came in at 9PM and left at 9AM the next day. Trip of a lifetime and I got to go with my Mom which was the best part, she was 71 at the time.

I paid $25/visit or $50 per day to t/f/s Jones as well as give his other meds. She had the three civvies as well that she came in and checked out. My DH and DS was home, so they did the food and litter boxes. She would of done those as well as bring in the mail, water plants if I wanted it for the $50/day.

My sister does actually house sitting with the pet - she will stay with your pet for $30 per day. If there is meds/injections then $50 per day. She is a former vet tech so she is good with pilling and shots.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.