6-10-18 Jones AMPS 211, +3 131, +5 115, +8 124 PMPS 140

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tracey&Jones (GA), Jun 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Yesterday

Started off a little high today. Was worried that he was a little painful but held off using the bupe and just cuddled him. He continues to eat slowly but surely. I take it our depot is refilled or pretty close now.

Today is a very rainy day so off for some groceries for both the humans and the kitties. Will be getting some extra tests in today as well.

Thinking that it would be a great day to make beef stew!

2. Tracey&Jones (GA)

@LizzieInTexas

Have you tried CBD/Canna? I am not sure you can get it in Canada but really worth a try if you can (for the pancreatitis).

We can get it and I do have some. We are pretty close to making personal use legal in Canada (lots of restrictions applied like alcohol and tobacco) . He doesn't like it in his food and with all the pills he gets now I didn't want to put more down his throat every day.

I did notice it helped with his appetite in some ways but it also made him very dopey. So I stopped giving it for a bit. I did get one that is a spray that you can just spray into the mouth, he isn't too appreciative of that. I might just go to the oil and put drops into the capsules I have his meds in and do it that way.

He seems to have acute flares about every 4-6 weeks for a day or two. Which leads to lower appy and the runs. I thought it was the IBD but I am not so sure now. Maybe it is a combo.

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Jones continues to get better and eat for you. Sending prayers.

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  4. HWright

HWright Well-Known Member

Hope Jones feels better as the day progresses.
    Would he like some plain meat broth that you could do as part of making what sounds like yummy beef stew on a rainy day?
    I haven’t tried the canna companion; but am presently using the Charlotte’s Web everyday (now called Hemp) which is the lower dosage. Has more mild taste that the cats seem to tolerate.
    What is the spray cbd oil you tried? Is it liposomal? Interested cuz I’d like to try liposomal cbd oil but haven’t come across one that’s plain without citrus in it.
    ❤️

5. Tracey&Jones (GA)

I do have meat bone broth made up all the time. It is in ice cubes on cold days I will warm it up and on warm days I just put out the cubes for the kitties to lick. I give it out about once a week for a treat!

It is called CFTO. I have used it like twice. It sounded good at the time and is what the lady sold me at the "health & minerals" store. https://ctfocbdonline.com/products
    I should be honest and say I should of done more research on it for sure and can not really make a comment of the effectiveness of it.

HWright likes this.
  6. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Not as hungry today as yesterday. He seemed to be good until this afternoon then he looked in a little bit of discomfort when eating. I decided to give another dose of bupe for tonight. He has had a good string of blues today and yesterday which is nice to see.

He has slept most of the day, which is expected post recovery.

Overall, I think he is doing ok 2 days post op and I like where these BG numbers are going.

Sean & Rufus likes this.
  7. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

I've used CBD oil by the Stanley Bros. (for human use) but it was too strong, made my cat all wobbly. I tried CW PAWS by the Stanley Bros. It's made for Animals. I put a half teaspoon organic baby food in a shot glass 2-3 drops CBD & a bit of distilled water. I use a feeding syringe. 2 tiny squirts & that's it. It definitely makes my cat hungry.
    When one had cancer 2 yrs ago the CBD helped with pain & he was eating up until the day he died.

For Nausea I swear by Slippery Elm. Empty a cap into the baby food add water & into the syringe. It works great every time I use it. I take it myself for upset stomach.

Hope this helps & your kitty feels better soon.

Tracey&Jones (GA) and HWright like this.
  8. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.