6/10/18 Olive AMPS 159; +2=171; +3=135; +5=69; +6=71; PMPS 213; +2=276; +3=307; +4=309; +5.5=248

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Olive & Paula, Jun 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Yesterday

Nothing better to do at 4 AM than study ss. Interesting observation popped out. FF at shot time spikes her +1 & 2, starts dropping +3. Nulo Turkey and Proplan chicken & spinach spike at +1 starts dropping +2. Could be that they are 1% and 2% carbs respectfully. Where FF is all 3% that she gets. Have to check out the Proplan natural beef & giblets, I didn't do +1 &2 test with that and she was still spiked at +3 and started dropping +4. Have to get more and test it. It's surprising how the food really is a key factor.

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

That's an interesting observation about the food. I hope Olive gives you some green today.

3. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Love these blue PS #s! :cool::cool:

4. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

She's obviously very carb sensitive. I wouldn't think there would be any difference between 3% and 1 or 2%. Good data to have in your pocket. Looking great Olive...keep surfing and hope you enjoy the day Paula.

5. Olive & Paula

Now I just have to figure how to manipulate it to our advantage.

6. Olive & Paula

Looks like we will be surfing the blues today, maybe some lagoon time I hope. Going to give her a break until +6 and try to get a +10 as I see that hasn't been done in quite some time. Usually fed snake +9 so that's why I don't do those as it would be a spike.

7. Olive & Paula

Ok so in the lagoon. She definitely needs the 6% carbs +2 & 3. Tried regular food this morning, dropped in half. Now will see if the drop causes a big bounce.

Bean is liking this dose so far.

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  8. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

From my (very) loose observations with Gizmo (who seems carb sensitive)... a bit higher carb 5%, with a bit higher dose seems to be more consistent numbers. But, he doesn't seem to get the food bump with it. His cycle is more like a "normal" lantus wave. When I was feeding 2-3% carb he used to get a bit of a food bump but doesn't at 5%. IDK if this is actually true or if, physiologically something has changed with him.

One thing, I feed the same food through the entire cycle most times.

Just thought it was interesting.

9. Olive & Paula

Olive wouldn't eat that much of the same thing.

I hope this is still the food spike, or wonky number.

10. Olive & Paula

Well that will be the last time I feed Nulo beef n lamb.

11. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.