6/10 Frosty - amps 399, +2 394, +5 280, +7 211, +9 234, pmps 329. Doughnut run

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Ana & Frosty (GA), Jun 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ana & Frosty (GA)

Ana & Frosty (GA) Well-Known Member

Yesterday’s post.

I’m actually thinking of maybe going back up to 3 units. Not sure if he’s just bouncing, or this is just where he likes to hang out. Thoughts? @Wendy&Neko @Tuxedo Mom

The doughnut run went well. Ran the 5K in 30:06.6. I was SO hoping to do it in less 30 minutes this time. My last race I think was 30:11. UGH. Can’t beat the darn 30 minute time. Kinda how I feel with Frosty’s numbers. Just cant get under the renal threshold :arghh:.

I only had one mini doughnut at the end, but some people actually got one at every mile and then ran with them!! THAT’s talent.

Ana

2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Hey, you improved your time by 5 minutes!! You'll get there!!!

It's a little too early to call this a failed reduction....some cats need the full 6 cycles to clear their bounces. I'd stay with the 2.75 for now.

Come on Frosty!! Work that juice!!

Ana & Frosty (GA) likes this.
  3. Ana & Frosty (GA)

Ana & Frosty (GA) Well-Known Member

5 seconds!! lol. So frustrating.

Gotcha, thanks! I’ll keep monitoring and if later on this week we are still high, then maybe I’ll go back up. I’m pretty good at testing him at night.

Chris & China (GA) likes this.
  4. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

Awesome!! I know you don't think so, but I am SO impressed with that number! I still love the idea of a donut run. I agree with Chris overall: You're determined, you're improving, and you will definitely get under 30 minutes! :bighug:

5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I have lost races by 0.3 seconds, so getting your time down by 5 seconds is significant!

I agree with the others, hold the course for now. Let's see where he goes when the bounce is over.

6. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

That's a good time on the 5k. Keep at it. Lots of practice. Maybe would mix some short sprints in to work the other muscle fibers. Pacing is also important to keep the kilometers/miles about the same. (I used to do triathlons).

I never did a triathlon or run with donuts in it. That is an unusual concept.

A little triathlon story
    You all will love this. Theresa did some triathlons in the 1990s. Dancekin triathlons - so all women. One of the starts was at a nearby lake in Austin. All the women walked out on the floating pier. Well the pier wasn't used to that much weight, so it got weighed down partly underwater.

Well...what lives under wooden floating piers? Anyone????

That's right...spiders live there. A bunch of spiders started crawling up their legs. The screaming started and I think some of them set some records running back to dry land! :eek::eek::eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.