6/11 - DAVIDSON PMPS 147, +3-67, +4.5-65, +6-85, +8-92

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Shawna & Davidson (GA), Jun 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Shawna & Davidson (GA) Well-Known Member

Amanda & Shmee likes this.
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope you see some green AMPS numbers soon. Davidson is looking good.

3. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Nice start this am:)

4. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Well, both am & pm PS numbers are blue, but he's all green during the day which is a good sign. It's that little bit of tapering off on both ends of 12 hr insulin that seems to get him - if that's the worst of it, I'll take it.

Happy Monday to all, but it still seems like Sunday!

Bellasmom likes this.
  5. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

QUESTION: Tonight will mark the start of Cycle 11 on the reduced dose........Davidson is responding very well to the reduction with the only issue being at the end of each cycle he gets into the blues. He drops right away back to greens and hold it for the entire day until the 12hr shift is about over.

For his SECOND time around, I'm now aware in Davidson's case having 3 separate days under 50 gives "HIM" (not all cats) a reduction, but I'm wondering how many days he should go in the constant greens before he earns a reduction when trying for remission a second time? First go around was 7 days or 14 cycles and just to understand this time around I was wondering if anyone who's been in Davidson's position can comment. It's a new experience to me, and I'm not looking at rushing things, however if Davidson continues to hold the greens all day long, with food in between, then eventually I should (and will) drop the dose and see how he does.

IS 14 CYCLES STILL APPLICABLE IN THE SITUATION??

Thanks in advance for all the comments.............or suggestions

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
    Reason for edit: added text
  6. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I think you mean 7 days or 14 cycles. Yes. If a cat stays in normal numbers for 7 days, they earn a reduction.

7. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Personally, I would try to get the PS #s (especially the AMPS) down before reducing.
    The AMPS is something most of us struggle with!
    I'm wondering if Davidson is fed during the last 3 hours of each cycle?

8. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Opps, yes, 14 cycles.......it will be changed, lol.

Davidson doesn't eat at all for 8 hrs before amps, and usually 2-3 before pmps...........I just think it wears off. I'll still do a reduction if he keeps up the greens and see how he handles it. I'm not going to increase the dose with the greens he has especially since the reduction and he's doing very well with it.............time will tell, can always go up again, so I'm told

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.