6/11 Simmy AMPS 257; +4=177; +6=140; +10=108; PMPS 72

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Meesta Simmy, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Meesta Simmy

Meesta Simmy Member

Yesterday

Skipped yesterday's AM shot because I was too chicken to shoot at 55. Didn't realize I was supposed to feed and retest before making a decision. Result: blues and yellows last night plus today's AMPS. :banghead: I did treat last night's higher numbers as an opportunity to go to bed early with no need to wake up to test. :bighug:

2. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

For a skipped shot I don't think your AMPS is too bad, and your +4 shows a nice drop! I wouldn't have shot a 55 either, it's too low for me! I think you did a great job yesterday :)

For retesting, I don't think you are supposed to feed them before retesting because it will give you a food influenced BG reading and lull you into a false sense of security. Typically with a low PS reading you would not feed, wait 20-30 mins, and if the BG levels are coming up themselves without food you can reconsider if it's safe to shoot or not :). Yesterday you handled it perfectly by asking for help !

Hope you and Simmy have a great day :D

3. Meesta Simmy

Meesta Simmy Member

Hi Amanda!

Yes, my mistake—I meant to write that I should have NOT fed him any food and retest 30 minutes later. He was SCREAMING and DEMANDING that I feed him, though. It was weird... He rarely ever does that.

AmandaE likes this.
  4. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

What a sin! it's so hard to deny them food when they're begging! and diabetic cats can be SO HUNGRY!

I think you will see Simmy calm right back down into the numbers you were seeing before, he's already looking pretty good today :)

Meesta Simmy likes this.
  5. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice recovery today.

Don't be so hard on yourself. Shooting those low numbers are scary and you need time to get comfy with doing it and know how Mr. Simmy will react.

I agree with Amanda, I think within a couple of cycles he will be right back to green and doing his healing work.

Meesta Simmy and AmandaE like this.
  6. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Not a bad start for a skipped shot yesterday morning. Nice slide today.

Meesta Simmy likes this.
  7. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice recovery!