6/12 Trixie AMBG 75

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Amy&TrixieCat, Jun 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Yesterday

Happy appy, snuggly, spunky, feisty, and anti-jinxes. We had a minor gelcap fiasco this morning...I thought it went down, gave her the post-gelcap little syringe of water, and then she got up from her bed and I saw it....stupid gelcap was under her and not in her belly! Had to repack since it was squishy, and when I attempted with the second packing, she was feeling feisty...not happening. Had to repack yet again and give her a few minutes to settle....she was still feeling feisty, but I was victorious.

My Dad did seem to be feeling a bit better yesterday, and he also did seem to be swallowing better, too - so that's two days in a row where the swallowing seems better. I hope that is a permanent trend.

We have an early dinner tonight at my parents' to celebrate belated birthday for my Mom and early Father's Day for my Dad. I have to make dessert, bake bread, and make my Mom's present (earrings), so it's time to get cracking. DH is off at a Master's Swim Meet, so the kitties and I have had a nice, quiet morning, but now it's time to get cracking.

Prayers to everyone here...and a few extras going to sweet former-feral Skye from TinyKittens...

Amy

tiffmaxee likes this.
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sorry about the gel cap fiasco, but at least you got it down without too much trouble. I'm glad your dad seems to be swallowing better. I hope you have a good dinner with your parents. Happy Late Birthday to your mom. Sending prayers.

3. Mandarin'sMom

Mandarin'sMom Well-Known Member

Happy belated birthday to your mom! Enjoy dinner tonight... and sending vines for more good days for your dad.

4. Shoeskitty-GA

Shoeskitty-GA Well-Known Member

Hate that you had to redo the gel cap but glad that you were victorious! DF sounds a little better! HB to your mother! Hope you enjoy tonight!

5. Peg and Toby

Peg and Toby Well-Known Member

I hope you have a good visit with your parents and your dad feels well enough to enjoy your mom's birthday party.

6. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Way to show mama who's boss, Trixie!! ....but you need to be a good girl and take your meds....they really do make you feel better!!

Glad to hear your dad is doing better Amy....prayers being said that he continues to improve

Have a great dinner with your folks and tell mom "happy birthday" from all of us here on the FDMB!

7. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Happy Belated Birthday to your mom, Amy. I'm sure your dad will enjoy that cake. It will be incentive to swallow gracefully.

Enjoy your evening,

Ella & Rusty

8. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

I'm happy to hear your DF continues to make small improvements. Hopefully the swallowing is enough improved that he was able to enjoy the family dinner.

Belated happy birthday wishes to your DM.

Trixie, no one likes taking pills, but they are very important for your good health. If you just swallow it quick it will be all over. You know Mama isn't going to give up until you do!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.